Chapter 17 - - Patton

On Sunday, I went to church and met up with my relatives, as I'd told the chat. The day passed quickly and soon enough I was back home, just me and my mum. My dog was all over us when we got back, jumping up and licking our hands. I put down some food for him.

"Seeing uncle Emile was nice, wasn't it?" she smiled, happy to see her brother again. I nodded happily and asked if I could try cooking dinner tonight.

"Pat, the last time you cooked I had to scrape cupcake batter off the ceiling," she countered, a smile tugging at her lips.

"I've been taking tips from Logan!" I explained.

"It sounds like a half-baked idea, I'm in."

The game was on.

"The pun police will a-roast you for that!" I shot back.

"If I end up in prison, promise you'll OVENge me?"

"Don't poach your luck," I grinned. She rolled her eyes jokingly and pushed me towards the kitchen and said,
"See you on the other side."

I stared at the hob in front of me and blanched, immediately pulling out my phone and texting Logan asking what I should cook. I know, I know. I should know how to cook. It's just I'd never needed to, especially since I didn't have to get involved in adultery yet. I was only 16, after all.

StopCallingUsTheLogang
I'm cooking stir fry, which is relatively easy.

You
stir???fry????

StopCallingUsTheLogang
Perhaps you should start with an omelette instead. I shall link you a recipe.

You
my saviour?!!!

StopCallingUsTheLogang
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/basic-omelette%3famp
A recipe. I would recommend flash frying some chopped pepper beforehand and putting cheese on it once the top is no longer runny.

You
thank you!!!

I opened the recipe and started to get ready what I'd need for cooking.

I placed the butter in the frying pan and freaked out when it started melting rapidly, turning the heat down so I'd have time to beat the eggs. The rest of my cooking experience went a similar way, a dance of turning the heat up and down and burning myself on the pan occasionally, then having to run my hand under cold water and getting my mum to turn over the omelettes.

We sat at the table after I'd set up the cutlery and we tucked in. It was surprisingly nice, especially with the pepper and cheese. I'd have to thank Logan for the tips.

"This is really nice, Patton," my mum said, wincing slightly as she bit into a bit of eggshell. I smiled and placed my knife and fork back on my plate once I'd finished, then taking hers and putting them into the dishwasher.

You
thanks 4 the protip

EdgeLord69
Huh

You
shoot wrong thing, that was meant for Logan

EdgeLord69
u are messaging his Logang, hell see it eventuly

StopCallingUsTheLogang
^^

You
is roman on?

EdgeLord69
hes at mine but he left his phone at home so

You
okie dokie

Oho, so Roman was at Virgil's, huh? Maybe they were... Holding hands... Oho....

Virgil's pov

I spoon fed Roman hot soup as he cried about not being able to help being gay and that maybe he's better off being away from his father.

Patton's pov again

Mum and I had fruit for pudding, which sounds dull but was really good.

~~~~a time skip? She wouldn't~~~~~

Monday eventually rolled around and I rose out of bed and smiled. Didn't even have to remember the smile a day!

I sprang out of bed and remembered to put on my slippers this time.

Max was scratching at my door, so I opened it and raced him down the stairs to the kitchen, where I placed down his food and sat up at the counter. My mum handed me toast and we ate in silence, which was strange. Then I had to get changed, sling on my backpack, kiss my mum on the cheek and make my way to school, which I remembered.

I arrived and saw Logan near the fountain.

"Logan!" I shouted over at him over the chatter of people walking into school, and he spotted me. We met in the middle and he asked,
"How was the omelette?"

"It was really good! I don't think I've been able to cook like that before," I grinned. He smiled back, which was rare but ok, then asked how church and my family was. Wow. He was being so nice?

"They were good, thanks, although there was some old lady beef at church. I think Margaret stole Jenny's husband or something," I said, then delved deep into thought over the history of these beefing old ladies.

Then Roman and Virgil appeared in front of us and greeted us.

"Just to let you know, Roman will be staying at mine for a bit and doesn't have his phone, so if you need to reach him, text me," Virgil explained.

"What he said," Roman tagged on.

"I still don't understand how Janus fit that bed into your room," Roman laughed to Virgil, but his laugh seemed a bit empty.

"Witchcraft is the only explanation," Virgil theorised. I smiled at them because they were being so cute and cuteness is like my whole aesthetic.

My first lesson was with Logan, and it was science. We were in room C-3, which was a lab.

"Which science are we doing?" I asked Logan, not having been at this school until last Friday.

"Chemistry, on atoms," he informed me. Bleh. Chemistry.