Chapter 12 - - Roman

Two guys sitting on a sofa, 2 feet apart because they are gay. I do have to admit, it was very awkward.

Virgil coughed and said, "Do you want to watch a movie upstairs?"

"Sure, lead the way," I responded with a smile, then followed him up the stairs. When he said upstairs, I didn't realise he meant his room.

Janus came up and gave us sandwiches and explained he'd retrieved Remus from the bins. We ate our sandwiches and talked about how Janus was very stingy with the butter, when I started to take in my surroundings.

It was rather small, with a dark carpet, tall wardrobe next to a bed and a black desk spattered with paint. There was hardly any floor space, so that meant we were watching the movie...

Virgil took a laptop out of a drawer in his desk and opened it, placing it on the foot of his bed and sitting in front of it with his legs crossed. He sat slightly to the side to allow space for me, but I decided to do something different. Something wild. Something crazy. Something- OK I'll stop.

I edged around his bed and sat against his headboard, pulling him back so he was sat between my legs. I could feel the heat radiating from his face, which made me blush too.

(pic for reference of what they're doing lol)

"Is this OK?" I murmured in his ear. He nodded, to my surprise, and leaned forward to select a movie on his laptop. Then, when it started, he leaned back into my chest. I hoped against hope he couldn't feel my heartbeat, but let's be real here. My heart was pounding like a drum.

The movie was The Nightmare Before Christmas.

We sang through most of the songs, then about halfway through I found myself absentmindedly playing with his hair, giving him an unintentional scalp massage.

When the movie finished, I realised Virgil was emitting little snores.
Oh
My
Sandra Bullock.

He was asleep in my lap. I might've died and gone to heaven and didn't notice. I was stuck on the fact that he snORED. It was so adorable. Then I realised the next movie was autoplaying, and oh boy was it a loud one.

I tried desperately to close the laptop with my foot without waking Virgil, but it was an impossible feat. Instead, I gently placed my hands over his ears and hoped that'd block out the explosions.

Janus walked in just as someone was getting stabbed to death and said,
"Hello boys!"

I quietly shushed him and pointed to the sleeping Virgil, then to the laptop. Janus nodded and closed it, then put up his index finger. 'One minute'.

While he was gone i continued to play with Virgil's purple hair, making little plaits in it and laughing quietly when I left them in for him to deal with the next day.

Janus walked back in with a small whiteboard and drywipe pen. Where had he got that? Oh well.

He wrote 'soulmates?' on it. I nodded and dropped my hands to my sides. Then Janus wrote 'hurt him and I end you'. I didn't know what to do in response but nod, so I went with that.

'Are you sleeping over?' was the next question, which I shrugged to in response. Then I looked down at Virgil on my lap and nodded again.
Janus smiled, looked at Virgil sleeping, then left the room.

The room was so cold, but Virgil was slightly warm and acted as a temporary duvet. I'd been told I was very warm, which is probably good otherwise Virgil would freeze. My neck was starting to cramp so I shifted the pillow which I was sat on and placed it behind my neck, all without waking up Virgil.

That didn't relieve the fact that the headboard was hard and uncomfortable against my back, but I looked past that for now.

"Janus! Janus!" I hissed at the slightly ajar door, hoping that he'd hear and come back. Somehow he did. Superhuman hearing?

"Lights," I whispered. He switched off the lights and left, closing the door gently behind him. I wrapped my arms around Virgil's waist and tried to find a 'comfortable' spot on the wall to sleep on. At least the pillow helped.

I didn't get to sleep, but I did get to thinking.

Was this all to fast? Quick answer, yes. But Virgil was easy to talk to and my soulmate. Then it sunk in. Virgil was my soulmate. I was destined to spend my life with him.

I looked down at the slumbering emo and sighed. He was so adorable. All I wanted was to talk with him, laugh with him, hold his hands, kiss him... but if he didn't want that, that was fine too.

It was then that I realised my dad didn't know I wasn't coming home. Oh well. He could worry all he wanted. Not that he'd worry for me. I just wanted to spend more time with a guy I'd only met today.

A guy I'd only met today. That's how it works in the Disney movies, right? They meet each other and get married the next day. Not that Virgil and I were going to get married, it was just an example. But our life wasn't a Disney movie.

I decided to let Virgil take the reigns of our relationship on that night. If I were to lead I'd try go too fast, as I already had. I was ready for a relationship, but I could tell Virgil had his doubts. If he controlled the pace, I had full confidence he'd be more comfortable.

And after that, I went to sleep.