043

I woke up surrounded by tall lush grass that waves softly back and forth as a breeze passed overhead, shaking small droplets of water off the plants that landed on my face.

I shook my head, blinking a couple of times as I tried to figure out how I got here as I came face-to-face with a ladybug.

The strong red colour of its wings made me smile and I felt a familiar spark from within as my inner fire woke.

"Wait a minute," I said, suddenly jerking up from the ground as I realized that I had no idea where I was or where the others had gone.

A wave of panic washed over me as I looked around the grassy field next to me, turning my head to a small forest on my right side.

I was all alone.

The panic quickly turned into fear as I continued to glance over my surroundings in the search of any signs of life.

Other than the ladybug, of course.

"Where-?" I began, but I was cut off before I even got the chance to finish my sentence.

"y/n!" Wooyoung bellowed, his loud voice cutting through the silent air

A couple of seconds later, he came barging out of the woods, the others not far behind as they ran toward me with open arms and wide smiles.

They tumbled down on top of me in a pile of bodies and laughs as we hugged each other.

"What happened?" I coughed, my lungs fighting desperately for air as the weight of the eight men on top of me suddenly became dangerously heavy.

"Where are we?"

Yeosang was the first one to read the situation, letting out an exasperated sigh before getting off me, pulling some of the others onto the grass as well.

They had escaped District 1 in a hurry, shadow traveling, flying, and all in all using any and every power over the elements in an attempt to put as much distance between us and the storm as possible.

The clearing had been the perfect place to take a break, rest up, and bandage the wounds from the battle with the tempestas.

I looked around and the group as I bit my lip.

They all looked exhausted, jittery, and roughed-up, covered in blood and volcanic ash.

Looking down at the grass, my eyes locked onto my leg where the pants had been ripped from the knee and down on one leg.

My shin was covered in a makeshift bandage, and I furrowed my brows as I realized that the red and copperish colours that showed through the fabric of the bandage was my own blood.

"You were absolutely terrifying," Mingi suddenly said, no doubt referring to what I had done in District 1.

Seongwha whacked him on the head almost immedietaly.

But both of them broke into smiles after staring at each other for a couple of seconds, laughing as they continued to nag the other.

"I'm guessing that you were heading for Agora, with the deadline being tomorrow and all," I said, picking at the top of my bandaged leg.

"Why did we stop then?"

"I mean this in the best way, y/n, I truly do," Jongho said, his dark brown eyes locking with mine.

"But you're really heavy."

My jaw went slack as the words slipped past his lips, and I immediately felt a blush make its way across my cheeks.