007

Following a pathway that led us further into District 3, the cliffs around us quickly grew taller and taller until they stretched so high into the purple sky that they blocked out the sun.

Yunho was walking pretty fast, Wooyoung following close behind him. Although I didn't want to admit it, my feet were hurting from walking on the uneven surfaces and jagged rocks.

Despite being out of the sun and direct heat, the cliffs on either side of the path covering us in cool shadows, I felt completely parched as well.

"Can we please take a small break, guys?" I huffed, coming to a halt before leaning my back against one of the stone walls and sliding down to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Wooyoung asked, quickly scurrying over to me and putting his hand on my forehead.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm fine," I said, brushing off his concern with a tired smile.

"I'm just exhausted and thirsty."

"Well, why didn't you just say so?" Yunho exclaimed, throwing up his hands in a dramatic gesture, "I can help you with that."

He placed his palm against the side of the cliff, closing his eyes in concentration.

For a couple of seconds, nothing happened, but soon, a familiar rumbling sound could be heard from inside the stone itself.

A small crack appeared in the cliff, and as the surface broke, a stream of water trickled out and onto the ground.

A miniature waterfall of fresh, clean water.

I cracked a smile, getting up from the ground and making my way over to the stream that Yunho had summoned, wetting my hands, and splashing my face with water before finally allowing myself to drink.

After a couple of minutes, I moved away, making space for Wooyoung and Yunho to get a sip as well.

Reaching into my bag, I pulled out our last provisions and handed them to the men who were busy splashing each other with water.

"We need to stock up once we reach the city."

It was nice, getting a small break from the constant walking and exploring, enjoying a moment of silence as we all relaxed, slumping against the sides of the cliffs and listening to the sounds of running water from the stream.

Our small bubble of peacefulness was once against disturbed, though, as a loud cracking noise that rang throughout the air.

We all jumped at the sound, getting to our feet and huddling together as we looked back and forth down the pathway we were standing on.

The sound had been louder this time. Much, much louder than it had been from our camp.

"What was that?" Yunho asked, searching the sky for any trace of storm clouds, though there were still none to be found.

"It sounded exactly like the ones from earlier in the morning," Wooyoung said, to which I nodded my head. He was right.

Another explosion split the air, followed by smaller rumbling sounds as if heavy rocks were rolling down a steep surface.

"Should we check it out?" I asked, "Maybe follow the sounds?"

My question was followed by a moment of silence, but one look at Yunho and Wooyoung told me that their curiosity had gotten the better of them as well, and they both nodded their heads before slowly continuing down the pathway.

It stretched on for several hundred meters before the cliffs on either side of us finally opened up into a big clearing bathed in sunlight.

I squinted, trying to get used to the light after being in the shadows for so long.