039

It was only a matter of seconds before the entire group of elementals broke out into chaotic yells, curses, and protests as they looked incredulously back and forth between Jeno and me.

"Fiance?!" San exclaimed, looking like he was about to burst into flames himself which was honestly terrifying to watch.

I facepalmed, holding my head in my hands and wanting to curse out Jeno for even mentioning it.

The fire elementals seemed shocked by the commotion, moving forward in order to protect Jeno.

That immediately got the others' attention, and they once again got ready to fight, squaring up and pushing at the newcomers who only pushed back harder in retaliation.

Jeno took a step forward, protectively moving in front of me.

I rolled my eyes. This was useless.

"Oh stop it, would you?!" I yelled.

Everyone froze, coming to a halt as their attention shifted from the fight onto me.

Sparks flew from the seven fire elementals.

In the middle of Wooyoung's mop of pink hair, his signature flame of frustration flickered wildly despite the lack of wind.

"We are not doing this here," I said, more of an order than a statement.

The others looked confused, a little embarrassed, even, and stepped back.

"This is what we're going to do," continued, stepping forward and eyeing the group of elementals.

"We're going to go somewhere quiet, and we're going to talk. There will be no fighting, or I'm going to finish this on my own. Understand?"

Everyone nodded their heads, their glowing eyes dimming slightly as they calmed down, though they looked more scared of me than the fight that had been on the verge of breaking out.

"I know just the place, "Jeno said, pulling me close to him once again as he draped his arm across my shoulders.

Apparently, being the prince og Ignia had its perks.

Those perks being a beautiful villa in the center of District 1.

I felt a little jealous, though I quickly realized that, having grown up in the Royal Palace of Avalon, complaining about something like this wouldn't have been right.

The villa was enormous.

Built from white stones, it glowed beautiful hues of orange and red as we passed the endless goblets of fire that lined the hallways, their flames licking up the sides of the walls.

Columns held up the red-tiled roof in the outdoor areas, making it feel like we were both inside and outside at the same time, able to enjoy warmth and shadow from the burning sun but still near the beautiful flowers and fountains in the garden.

Jeno, Jaemin, Renjun, Haechan, Chenle, and Jisung were chatting ahead as they walked in the front with me, the rest of my group sulking as they trudged after us.

We had a lot to talk about, I told myself, sighing at the thought.

I was relieved when Jeno invited us home, though, as the last thing we needed was more attention than necessary.

We were an odd group, and I knew what it felt like to be an outsider in a foreign district.

The hallways opened up in front of us, revealing a lavish living room decorated with luxiurious furniture; lounges, chairs, intricately carved tables, and heavy curtains along the open windows, all crimson red.