034

When I woke up, San was still laying next to me, sleeping soundly as his chest rose and fell in regular intervals that made me calm by just looking at it.

Our legs were tangled, and his arm was slung around my shoulder just like it had been last night, trapping me, keeping me close to him.

I lay completely still as I took a moment to study San's beautiful and sharp features.

We were face to face.

So close that it made my heart skip a beat as his breath ghosted over the tip of my nose.

I wanted to touch, to trace, to feel, and I couldn't help but reach out my hand in an attempt to, if only for a second, cup his cheek and feel the soft skin underneath my fingers.

San's eyes fluttered open almost immediately; grey, sleepy, and warm as they locked with mine.

My eyes widened, and I let out a squeak of surprise as I quickly pulled my hand back, scooting away from him only to feel the soft mattress disappear from under me as I tumbled backward over the edge of the bed.

I fell onto the cold wooden floorboards, a wave of pain rushing up my spine as I let out a groan.

The sound seemed to wake up San completely, and he scrambled over to the edge of the bed where I had just disappeared, sticking his head over the side.

At the same moment, I sat up and the two of us bumped our heads together, both exclaiming a cry of surprise and pain.

I winced, rubbing my forehead.

"Are you okay?" San laughed.

"What happened?"

"I'm fine," I said, cracking a smile as well.

San reached out to touch my head, a worried look in his eyes despite the smile on his lips, but at the same time, the door to Yeosang's bedroom flew open.

The ice elemental was so surprised that he tumbled over the edge of the bed as well, landing right on top of me.

We both groaned.

I turned my head to see Wooyoung standing in the doorway, his crimson red eyes wide open as he stared at the two of us; me laying on the floor, and San who was still on top of me.

His mouth fell open in shock, but the shocked look in his eyes quickly changed into anger as he opened and shut his mouth repeatedly, trying to figure out what to say.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Wooyoung said, his red eyes flickering to San who still looked more surprised than anything.

I looked past Wooyoung to see the six others sitting around a dining table in the middle of the kitchen, frozen.

Everyone stared at us as they tried to look past the fire elemental in the doorway.

Jongho almost dropped the piece of bread that he seemed to have just stuffed in his mouth.

My gaze flickered back to San who was still laying on top of me, and I realized how strange the situation must have looked.

I blushed, feeling the heat quickly spread across my cheeks.

San seemed to realize as well, his eyes widening as he also became flushed.

I whipped my head back in Wooyoung's direction. "I-"

San immediately got off me, scrambling back as he stood up from the floor, quickly looking away.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, seeming suddenly very interested in the potted plants on the shelves as he walked over to inspect them more closely.