Chapter 8: I Promise

Zoey p.o.v.

Monday came along again and I knew I would see Asia at school. I planned on talking to her during lunch. She was sitting at the benches near the snack machines eating her favorite, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches with an alta delta milk bottle. She was so busy texting on her phone that she didn't look up to see me walking towards her. I took a seat on the other side of the bench so we would be face to face. "Hey" I said while my heart was pounding. She looked up at me and rolled her eyes looking back at her phone, "Hey" she said. "Can we talk?" I asked. "About?" she said. "About what happened at the party, with Rico and I"

She rolled her eyes when she heard Rico's name, then glued them back to her phone screen. After a long pause she finally spoke "Say whatever it is you've got to say but make it quick I have plans".

"I'm sorry"

"ok.." she said as she started gathering her things. She wasn't tryna' hear it.

I couldn't stand the fact that she wasn't letting this go, so I stood up and blurted, "I just want your forgiveness, I'm so so sorry! I have no exscuses for what I did, I know it was wrong!"

Asia stood up and yelled back "How could you though?! I'm your best friend"

"You stole him from me!", Asia's face was shocked when I said it.

"what are you talking about?"

"I wanted him, I always had a crush on Rico, since the 6th grade, and here you came outta' no where and just snatched his ass up from me"

"Why didn't you say something from the start?"

"Because I knew he didn't like me back, and he still doesn't. He just used me"

I could tell Asia was thinking hard. She lowered her voice, "Look, I forgive you okay? I might be able to get passed this, but was that all that went down between you two?".

I didn't know what to say, I wanted to tell the truth but I didn't wana' lose our friendship. Suddenly I glanced behind Asia and seen Rico standing with his friends watching me talk to her. He shook his head and gave me a "don't do it" look. "Yes, nothing else happened, I promise" I said back. She slightly smiled, as she got up, "Well Rico is a piece of shit anyway, besides, I'm over him now... I met someone better" she said as she put her back pack over her arm, "See ya around". I couldn't believe she met someone already, I wondered who it could be.

Asia P.O.V.

While in Biology, I got a text from an unknown number:

'So you ditched me huh lol'

I just knew it was J, 'Is this who I think it is? How did you get my number?'

'Come outside'

I didn't reply until the teacher assigned us into group projects. I asked Darnell, one of my friends I've known since the 10th grade to cover for me. I walked up to the Mr. Wesley at his desk, "Mr. Wesley, I'm not feeling the greatest, could I go see the nurse?". "Sure, are you okay sweetheart?" he said. "Yeah I'm just having lady problems" I said while placing my hand over my stomach. "Ohh! I get it, well yes sure go on ahead and see if they can help you out with that" he said.

The school halls were empty and somewhat dark. All I could hear was the teachers giving their lectures through the doors. I thought I'd check downstairs where the locker rooms were, but I was a little nervous going there alone after the 'Almost rape' incident. When I opened the door, I could see the stairs fading into a darkness. I started thinking of how easily my virginity would have been stolen from me. I slowly took steps down but the memories were too much. I ran back up the stairs while panting, and back through the halls until I felt someone grab from behind me. One hand covering my mouth, while the other arm over my waist.He pulled me into the janitor's closet this way. I felt his tall warm body behind me, I started doing what any girl would do: Squirming and kicking. My screams and cries were being smothered while my tears ran down his hand. "Shh! It's me baby Shhh" he blurted in my ears. The closet was dark, I couldn't see a thing. Our faces were so close together that I could feel his beard pressing against my cheek. I recalled that familiar scent, and I knew it was J. I immediately calmed down, "it's okay baby it's just me", he uncovered my mouth but for some reason he couldn't release me, and I didn't want him to. Every time he showed up I got chills all over my body. I loved it. Feeling his body against mine again made me realize how much I missed him. I turned around and stood on my toes to kiss him but he had already pressed his lips into mine. I pulled away to catch a quick breath but he grabbed my chin, pulling my face towards him so he can keep kissing me. I pushed him back so I can speak, "J, what are you doing here? we could get in trouble".

"I had to see you, you straight up left me, that shit drove me crazy", he turned the closet light on and smiled once he saw my face, then pecked my lips with a smaller kiss.

He looked as if he hadn't slept since that night. I wasn't expecting him to go so nuts over it, I was expecting him to understand, him being the adult and all, but now I realize that he was more bothered by it, "I did it for us, to protect you" I said, "I mean how old are you anyway?"

J laughed out of nerve, "I already know you gone' freak out if I tell you"

"No I won't I promise"

He scratched the back of his head and mumbled " 27 "

My eyes widened in shock. If he only knew my age he wouldn't wanna' deal with me.

"I know you only 17, but I'm not worried about that anymore, I can't stand being away from you. I won't let us get caught, but can you handle it?"

He was right to ask, because I wasn't sure if I could. I could feel butterflies babbling my stomach, this was something big. "Yes"

"Are you sure?"

I gave it a second thought, "why me?" I asked him.

"I guess I want what I can't have" he said as lifted my chin again, using his thumb to gently wipe the smeared pink lipstick off the corners of my mouth. Then he carelessly wiped it off of his own mouth with the back of his hand.

He opened the door and we started walking down the empty the halls while holding hands. He led the way, while looking for an exit. "I can't stay here, I ain't even supposed to be here, they already looking for me "

"What do you mean, why would they be looking for you?"

"The last time I was here I fought four students off. I even put one in the hospital. None of em' talking right now but I know someone will. It only takes one nigga to see me and go to the board, then they locking me up"

"They can't do that, not if they knew what they were doing. You were defending me"

"They can, regardless of what happened with you and them, they'll still charge me with assault against a minor, child abuse"

"Those 'children' are football players, they're just as big as you, they're not 'children' "

"It's fucked up, but that's the law. I'll get locked up.. that's why I can't even touch you", J lifted my hand and kissed it, "I need you to promise me you won't let me get outta' hand with you, because I can't always control it"

"I promise you, I won't"

"Even if you gotta hurt me to get me to listen, do it"

I froze up at the thought of having to hurt him. Could he really not be able to control himself?..."okay", I finally answered.

He smirked a little, "I'll come pick you up after school" he kissed me one last time until the bells rung. Then left.

He seemed to have found comfort in that promise I made him, the only problem was that J was so damn dominate, I might not be able to keep that promise.

Intercom: Asia Solivin please report to the principal's office, again Asia Solivin report to the principal's office.

Too be continued...