Chapter 6: Not on my watch

When we got to my house, Asia was still sleeping. When I got out to open her door and unbuckled her seat belt she reached over for me to get her. I chuckled and grabbed her. I was surprised, she wasn't even all that heavy. I ended up carrying her all the way inside to my bedroom. When I laid her on my bed I couldn't stop starin' at her. Her lil' cute face, her legs were a lil thicker than the rest of her body, i thought it was cute, and her complexion was so beautiful wit that purple dress. Just then I remembered my promise, I shook outta' my thoughts, for my own good. I split.

Asia P.O.V.

I woke up in a familiar place, even though I couldn't remember what place it was. It was so neat and clean. Not your typical place, everything was so modern. The bed I was in was huge with white sheets, and I recognized that Hundred inched flat screened tv. My shoes and jacket were off and no where in sight. Neither was my purse. I was so got up and quietly tried to leave. As I opened the door I recognized those stairs...It was all coming to me, this was my dream! I slowly walked down the stairs and heard a familiar voice talking on the phone.

J cole: Nah I'm not crazy man, I know what I'm doing. Im just gona take care of her for a lil bit, there's nun' wrong with that. Her moms' don't be around, her daddy don't be around, all she do is leave school, go home and go to sleep. Well I sure as hell never seen nobody around, I ain't gone' just leave her like this. She's scared, she needs me and I don't care what anyone else gotta say.

I couldnt believe my ears, I ran down the stairs.

"Have you been following me?!" I said with both of my hands brushing my hair back. "Asia.." J stayed quiet, and just put his head down while scratching the back of it.  "woww", I said as I started strutting towards the door. "Naw wait don't go" He said while grabbing my arm as if I was a little kid. I pulled back, "let go of me!", he let go of my arm instantly. I started running towards the door but I felt his arms scooping me up from behind. I started squirming so he could drop me but we both fell, I was on my hands and knees with him over me. I started crawling away but J flipped me over on my back while his hands pinned my arms down.      "Stop what the hell? What do you want!"  "Just listen, give me a minute" he said as he put his finger over my lips, I started calming down a bit,"I'm not some crazy ass stalker or nothin" J got off of me while helping me up, "if you feel like you wanna go then leave, I ain't gone force you to do nothin'...

I just can't stop thinking about you...I got all our moments just constantly replaying in my head, like non-stop for real, its like you put a hex or some shit on me.

Like straight up, to be honest witchu', I was on some player type of shit, but when I saw you I knew all that flew out the window, and I was cool with that because I don't want nobody else..I only want you, but that's why I can't leave you alone, you feel me? I mean be real, dont you' want me back? "

  "I-..." I stuttered as I gazed away.

"Whatchu thinking?"

"I just don't know what to do"

     "Just kiss me" he said in a soft tone while stepping closer. "Wha?" I said even softer, while taking a timid step back. He knew I wanted to. We were standing at what wouldve been nose to nose but because J was so tall, it was more like nose to his chest. He was so cute to me, in a mysterious way. I was attracted to him, I mean he seemed to want me so bad. It's a good feeling to be wanted, desired. This was far beyond puppy love and school crushes. Most girls at my age couldn't even fathom this kind of thing ..I closed my eyes and waited for the feel of his lips to lock on mine. I guess J was just as nervous as I was, because it took some time! But finally he did, and so I kissed back and it was amazing. He was so smooth and gentle, just for me. His hands were around my waist, and I stood on the tips of my toes to wrap my arms on his shoulders...

J  cole p.o.v

While we were kissing I scooped Asia up, and she wrapped her legs around me. I carried her all the way to the kitchen counter and sat her down. My hands cuffed around her waist untill they slowly slid down to her thighs where I rubbed a bit then slowly back up. Shit started getting intensed, my front was between her legs. Fuck it, I couldn't control myself nomore'. It was like I had something to prove to her, in order for her to be mine. I leaned forward pushing her back a little, which made her hold on to me. I started kissing her more and more agressively. I wasn't even payin' attention to how she felt about it. I pushed her body back so she would lay all the way back on the marble counter. She was grabbing and pulling on my shirt but I got excited. She gasped and quickly pushed me off of her while she sat back up. She had this shocked expression on her face. "What's wrong?" I asked her. She didnt respond, instead she just put her head down. Just then I realized what was wrong. She was just a girl and here I was kissing her like she was a grown ass woman.  I stepped back away from her so she wouldn't be scared. I threw my head back and brushed my hands across head like I fucked up. "You stupid nigga"  I mumbled under my breath as I walked back into the living room and sat on a couch. I hung my head down untill I heard her voice

"J?" she said while walking in cautiously, "are you mad at me?"

My eyebrows raised, "What?" I was so shocked that she would even think I would be mad at her for something I did. "No never baby, I don't even think that's possible, come here". She walk over and stood in front of me. I held her hands and kissed them while she was standing over me. "Baby you should be mad at me" I said while laughing. "I don't want you to think I'm usin' you for that, I just fu- well screwed up". Asia started yawing. "Lets get some sleep k?"  I said, "Okay" she responded.

When we got up stairs I gave her one of my shirts, which fitted her like a dress and a pair of socks that were kind of loose. I peeled the covers and fluffed the pillows for her. "Asia where is your parents?" I asked. I could see in her eyes that she didn't wana answer, "We'll talk about it later then" I said.

She got in my bed, "What does the J stand for anyway, Johnathan, Josh?"

I started crackin' up, "Naw, it's Jermaine, Jermaine Cole, but I go by J.Cole. Besides my Dad gave me that name, and I hate that nigga"

"Why do you hate him?" She asked.

"I'll tell you why another day, when you ready to tell me why you not worried about moms going crazy that you're not at home right now, but Ima' be down stairs if you need anything okay? just come wake me up" I said while I was headed out the room.

"Wait J"  she blurted, as she sat up in the bed.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep without.."

"Without what?

"I just left something at home"

"Like what?"

"I can't say, you'll laugh"

"Don't tell me it was that puppydog thing"

She looked surprised that I knew about it.

"It's an elephant" she said with an attitude,  "I mean don't you think it's time to grow outta that, I mean you in highschool" I said.

She looked embarassed for a minute then collected her thoughts, "I never sleep without it, and if you won't take me to get it, then I'll go get it  myself"

"Naw I'm not lettin you go out this late, but if you really want it I'll get it for you...I just wanna know why, you scared of the dark?" I asked.

"No! What do I look like 10?" She yelled.

"Of course not"

"I just hate sleeping alone, and so it helps..

I spend my days at school and my nights with no one around, my mom works day and night shifts and I've never known my dad. So there's your answer ok?" She said as she snatched the covers over her while turning the other way. I felt so bad for her, she didn't need no stupid stuffed toy when she had me I wanted her to know I was there for her. "I didn't mean it like that, I was just curious"

I got in bed with her and held, "I never knew my dad either, so there's your answer" I admitted. We talked the a good 2 hours until she fell asleep. Eventually I feel asleep too.

At 2am I woke up to a random text message:
I hope you like orange nigga

Someone was fuckin' with me, this made me mad. Wait till I find out.