Chapter 4

Cole p.o.v.

I tailed Asia, her walking alone, I was not about to let that happen. I was just curious where she stayed. She finally made it home. She lived in a dingy old apt building. There were cats running all over the place. She didnt deserve this. She needs to live wit me. Nobody was home so i thought id just check up on her. Through the dirty ass window i saw her resting in bed, just as cute as can be. Part of me was tellin to get out before a nigga got caught but I had to be closer. I went through the patio door and found her door cracked open. She was so cute, wearing a grey oversized tshirt and some pink socks. She held this stuffed puppy dog while she slept. I thought it was odd for a 17 year old girl but kinda cute.  Lights from a car pulling up shined through the window blinds, i split.

Asia p.o.v

The next morning I got up

and got ready for school. While in the shower, I kept thinking about my dream of J. It was blurry but i remember him carrying me up these stairs. Stairs that felt like they'd never end. When we finally reached the top he laid me in this royal king bed. He started kissing me from head to toe as he undress--I snapped out of my thoughts, I was running late!

My class started at exactly 7:15 on thursdays. If i was late, the doors were locked. That was the rules for an AP class. I wasnt always the brightest but I got into book reading to hide all the pain. Before i knew It, I was barricaded, obsessed with books.  On my way to school, I felt like I was being followed so I took a different route. When I got to school I saw my friends Mimi and Zoey gossiping at my locker. When they noticed me they both got quiet and started grinning. Mimi  nudged my shoulder,"Gurrl guess who's back". "Who?" I replied. "Yo man" said zoey. They both started crackin up. Before I could respond the bell rang. They rushed off gossiping to class. What the hell were they talking about? After school I started walking home when this black mustang pulled up. The window rolled down, it was my ex Rico. Rico and I had history, we fell off because I knew he was messing with other girls. Besides, he never wanted to title us. When ever I asked what we were, he would give me such a vague answer such as "we getting to know each other" or" I'm seeing wassup"

"Hey beautiful" Rico said with that kind smirk of his. That smile was always irresistible. I held back from smiling with him, still bitter about our past. He was a brown skinned boy with the brightest teeth. He always reminded me August Alsina "So now you don't kno me?" he said
"I never knew you" I said while walking away. "Asia get ya ass in the car" he got out and walked up hugging me from behind.  I  "how about now huh?''.
I couldn't resist, he stated kissing my neck while pulling me towards his car, soon as I closed my eyes I thought of J. I pulled away,

Asia: stop
Rico: why?
Asia: I'm done with you, I don't want this anymore
Rico: Baby I'm different know, all the things I did then cause I wasn't ready, but now I know I was a dumb nigga.  But ima do better, Let me prove it.
Asia: How?
Rico: Ima come over tonight and show you.