Chapter 15: All I got

"Who's knocking on your door this late?", J asked as he sat up. "I have no idea", I said as I got out of bed.

I grabbed my robe, slippers and quickly put it on  while J peeked out of my window blinds.

"Stay up here, I'll go see", I said as I started walking out the door until Jermaine stopped me.

"No you stay here, I know who it could be", he said as he pulled out a gun from his bag.

"Jermaine what the fuck is that! You brought a gun up in my house!" I yelled while backing away from him.

"Shhh, stay up here, don't come down" he said as he went downstairs towards the living room. As he made his way towards the front door. He slowly reached for the knob with the gun in his other hand. I ran towards the door to convince him to stop him but I still kept my distance.

After 3 slow seconds...he snatched the door open and started to pull the trigger. I screamed while covering my ears and eyes but didn't hear any shots fired.

No one was there. Only a car burning rubber as it sped off. I ran behind Jermaine and clutched on his back, "Jermaine are you crazy! Put that thing away" I demanded, But he was too busy looking down at something. There was a pair of hand cuffs, with an envelope attached to it on the porch. J grabbed it and just stared at it, "What the hell"

"Jermaine don't open it, just throw it away" I said as we both stared it down.

"I got to, my name on it", he said as he slowly opened it.

Once he read it, he started scratching the back of his head. "Damn now this" he mumbled.

I had no clue what he meant by that.

"Let me see it" I said as I reached for it but J just held it up in the air, knowing I wouldn't be able to reach it.

"Nah don't worry bout' it, I'll handle it but we gotta bounce so go get ready"

"But-"

"Right now, I mean it. And hurry up", he said.

I couldn't help but obey, J has that affect on me.

Jermaine went to go start the car, while I was up stairs packing a few things. I was so confused as to what was going on and I was determined to find out.

During the drive I started having these unfamiliar flashed memories from the night Jermaine slept with me. I was too intoxicated to remember anything happeneing but now it was coming back to me. The first memory was of me passing out on his bed. The second was of him openening my towel. And the last, was of him about to penetrate me. It was too hard to believe that he would actually take advantage of me like that.

We eventually pulled up at a hotel in a quiet small town. I got tired of being confused, "J why are we here?...what's going on with you?", I asked.

He sighed, "I'll explain it to you later alright?" I promise" he said. 

Jermaine suggested that I waited in the car while he was us checking in. So I started searching his car for the letter. I checked the dashboard, glove compartment, and looked under the seats. 

"Whatchu doin?", Jermaine said out of no where. I poped, "Uh..I dropped my earing" I nervously said.

He just gave me a look, like I was crazy, "Well c'mon silly girl, I checked us in" he said as he opened my door.

I sighed and followed him into our suite.

The place was finer than I expected. A big bed, a little kitchen area with a coffemaker, microwave and a bathroom.