Chapter 22

Alex was right.

It only took 2 days for everyone to move on to the next newest hot topic.

This time it was about a classmate who supposedly got knocked up and is dropping out of school because of it.

The stuff they were saying abt her sickened me.

The second that I stepped into the building, the atmosphere, the air, was already buzzing with people talking, whispering, mumbling, murmuring, about what happened to the the poor girl.

Her name was being mentioned everywhere, it was almost impossible not to hear it. I've heard of her name before and I'm sure I've seen her around school a few times, I just never really interacted with her.

Bianca Daniels, member of the student council, dated a member of the basketball team and is rumored to have gotten pregnant from sleeping with her sugar daddy.

Sugar daddy? Really?

Regardless of whether or not those allegations were true, who were these people to judge her actions and stick their noses into her personal affairs? They needed to get a goddamn life and start worrying about themselves more.

Despite not knowing her that well, my heart still ached for her. I couldn't imagine how she's holding up with all that's going on in the school. I hope to God that she hasn't caught wind of what they were saying about her. I don't know how anyone would be okay if they heard these horrible things being said about them.

Having experienced what it's like to be under the scrutinizing eyes of many firsthand taught me how unnerving it could get. 

No, unnerving was putting it nicely.

I didn't have a word to describe the feeling. 

I was constantly on edge and always second guessed my actions, wondering if what I was doing would spark more absurd rumors about myself, worsen the situation I was already in and jeopardize my reputation even further.

I can't imagine how anyone would be okay if they were in Bianca's shoes right now and overheard what was being said about them.

At one point, I was unbelievably close to punching a guy in the face for saying something that was just straight up degrading. I knew I wasn't her friend or just someone who knows her in general, but this all comes down to basic human decency.

Whatever she's done, it was her decisions and actions, it was her life and her business. I didn't see what right these people had to pass judgment like they're doing right now. It wasn't like all these people that were talking about her didn't have skeletons in their own closets.

I can't stand these idiots.

Perhaps having been on the receiving end of their nonstop verbal onslaught for the past few days had made me into this vengeful person who took whatever they said to heart, even if it wasn't about myself but needless to say, my opinion remains unchanged. These assholes needed to go if they don't start changing to be better people.

Morning turned into afternoon but it was as if these people have a never-ending stock of things to talk about regarding what's happening with Bianca Daniels. It took everything in me not to scream at the top of my lungs for people to just shut the fuck up.

Wow.

Look at that.

Of course I would turn into a hulk when it comes to defending other people but shrink into a corner when the time comes for me to defend myself.

Typical dumb Em.

Our last class was gym but the teacher redirected the class to the open field where multiple balls were lined up by a straight rope that has been laid out in the middle of the field. It didn't take a genius to figure out what we were supposed to play.