Chapter 2

"Love you. 😘" I smiled at the text and typed up my own.

"Love you too, bro." I bit my lip to suppress the grin that was trying to show itself.

I raised my head and watched the dark trees outside my car window pass by in a blur. The occasional yellow lights would flash through the glass and cast a blinking effect over my arm and lower body.

"What are you smiling about," my driver asked, causing me to turn to face him.

I felt a hand turning my body and shaking it, "Em! Wake up! You're scaring me with that smile!"

When I came to, I realized that I had been biting my lips, a smile threatening to split my face in two.

The smile was quickly wiped off my face when the pain in my head finally hit me full force.

I groaned, hands flying to caress my throbbing head.

"Yeah, I was expecting that." Kimmy said as she took one of my hands and placed pills on it.

I squinted through the slits that were my eyes to see what it was.

"Drink," Kimmy ordered as she held out a cup of water for me.

I forced myself to sit up, tossing the pills into my mouth and taking a swig of water.

The liquid was definitely refreshing. My mouth had felt as dry as sandpaper and I could feel a sore-throat coming.

I handed the cup back to Kimmy and laid back down to nurse my head.

"Are you sober enough to answer some questions? I've been dying of curiosity since last night! If I keep it to myself any longer, I'm pretty sure I'll explode." Kimmy rambled, bouncing on the bed like a little kid.

My hand shot out and took a hold of her hand, squeezing it to make her stop bouncing and making my headache worse.

"What?" I asked her without opening my eyes whilst massaging my temples lightly. The sunlight was still too much for me.

"Since when were you friends with Alex?" She asked.

I froze the second I heard his name.

I turned to her slowly, fighting the urge to wince from the sunlight like a vampire.

"Why?" I asked slowly as I looked at her intently.

"Don't you remember?" She asked.

I gave her a confused look, to which she shook her head at.

"Wow, you really were stoned." She mused.

My eyes widened significantly. "I was what?!"

"You were fine, you were knocked out cold but I called your parents and told them we were sleeping at my place instead." She said.

I breathed out in relief, "Thanks, Kimmy. You're a life saver."

"Don't I know that," she muttered, before she realized she was digressing. "Hey! You haven't answered my question, were you close to Alex?"