Chapter 6

Days have passed since then, things have gone back to a somewhat semi-normal state.

And by semi-normal state, I meant that there's a lesser amount of students that would talk about me in the toilet, probably oblivious to the fact that I was inside one of the stalls.

I guess it was something they'd find interesting to "discuss" with their friends since I was known as the goodie-two-shoes in school. Aside from the occasional partying and alcohol consumption, I have never smoked a cigarette, much less weed, and I've never fucked around with any guy. Hell, I was probably the only virgin in this school.

The things that they called me after seeing the poster plastered on my locker, and probably the pictures that were broadcasted to their social media, ranged from two-faced, fake to "slut" and "cock-sucking whore".

I can't say that I didn't expect it to happen when I saw what was plastered on my locker but I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt.

Funny how they would congratulate their friends when they lose their virginity but slut-shame the school's virgin over a picture that didn't even hint on any sexual activity happening.

But I guess that's just how the world works. Who was I to do shit about it.

Alexander West was back to his normal self that would walk past me in the halls. He was either really good at acting like he didn't see me or he really didn't see me. Both scenarios are very much plausible. The guy was much taller than I was. He'd probably need to actually cast his eyes downwards to be able to see me properly.

It was safe to say that he really did take my words seriously and have left me to fend for myself, just like I had told him to.

I wouldn't lie. I probably didn't deserve to feel that way. But, hurt; that was what I felt when he didn't even ask if I was alright.

I knew that it was such a bitch thing to do, saying one thing and expecting another. It was unfair to Alex and it was solidifying the accusations boys are making at girls for being fickle or difficult to understand. Trust me, I hated myself for it too. But I really couldn't help myself from feeling that way.

It was Friday and the day couldn't have come any slower. When classes finally ended, I was the first to walk out the door when the bell rang.

I wanted nothing more but to get home, jump into bed and start a Netflix series. I needed to get my mind off the drama I've had to face for the past week at school.

I actually didn't live very far from school. My house was close enough to be a walking distance but far enough for me to feel lazy to actually walk home most of the time.

But today, I'd rather spend 20 minutes walking home than 10 minutes of sitting in a bus with a bunch of kids that I knew had badmouthed me in the restroom every break they had between classes.

Some people just needed to get a life.

I walked past the school gates and turned the corner, starting my walk back home. I passed shops and restaurants that were starting to get filled by students who just finished their classes for the day.

I walked past an ice cream shop and slowed my steps, biting my bottom lip as I pondered on whether I should make a quick stop or not.