I'm feeling alone and the world is so cold

Carly's POV

"Can I stay here for a few days?" I shakily let out. Micheal opens the door more and I step inside. He shuts it behind me. "Is Jaxson awake, I don't want him to see me like this." I say. 

"No, I just got him to bed. What the hell happened?" I look into the living room and see the other guys sitting down on the couch. 

"Can we go somewhere else and talk?" I ask. 

"Let's go to the bathroom so we can get you cleaned up." I say. He gently takes my hand and leads me into the downstairs bathroom. He turns on the light and shuts the door behind him. "Here, hop up on the counter so I can clean up your face." I nod my head and attempt to get on the counter, but pain shoots through my whole body. "Carly are you-"

"I'm fine." I say as tears well up in my eyes. 

"What the hell did he do to you?" I shakily wipe my eyes and start lifting up my shirt, revealing the bruising on my side. I see his eyes move down and he's now looking at what I'm showing him. "How did this happen?"

"He saw the coffee mug sitting on the table and he got mad. It started with him just yelling and then he-he slammed me against the coffee table and once I was on the ground, he started kicking me."

"How'd you get the cuts on your face?"

"When he knocked me into the coffee table, the mug fell on my face and cut it open. After he got done kicking the crap out of me, he left. I laid there for about an hour and then I thought of you."

"I should've stayed. If I had stayed then-"

"Then you'd probably be dead and so would I. Jaxson wouldn't have his parents anymore and that would be all my f-fault." I start crying a lot harder now. 

"Carly, none of this was your fault."

"I chose to get drinks with him one day and now I pretty much have to run."

"You don't have to run. The guys and I will protect you no matter what. Carly, you're safe here, I promise." He puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I'm putting the rest of you, including Jaxson, in danger just by being here."

"But you're something worth fighting for."  

"Micheal-"

"Let me get you cleaned up and you can borrow one of my shirts to sleep in until I go back to your place and get some of your things."

"Micheal, you don't have-"

"I want to. Sit down on the toilet and I'll be right back."  I nod my head and he walks out of the bathroom. I put the toilet seat down and carefully sit down. I put my hand over my mouth and feel hot tears running down my face causing pain from the cuts. 

I hear the door open and quickly wipe my eyes. I look to see Michael holding a few things of bandages, some peroxide, and a couple towels. He kneels down in front of me and gives me a comforting smile. "This is gonna hurt a little, but-"

"It's okay Micheal." He nods his head and starts dabbing my cuts with the towel causing me to wince in pain.

"I'm sorry. I know it hurts."

"I'll be fine." He moves the towel away from my face and sets it down on the counter.

"We can take a break."

"No Micheal, it's fine."

"It's not fine Carly. You've been through a lot tonight and I want to give you all the time you need."

"Let's just get this over with so I can stop worrying about it."

"Well I got done cleaning up your face, but there's still something."

"You can't clean up bruises Mike."

"When I grabbed your arm today, you winced in pain."

"That was-"

"Carly roll up your sleeve." I do what he says and I roll up my sleeve revealing bruising there too. "How did this happen?" He asks as he starts opening a thing of bandages. 

"He just held on too tight."

"Is this on your other wrist too?" 

"Probably. I don't know I just kinda stopped looking at stuff once it started getting bad."

"How long have you really been with him?"

"Almost a year. Things where good for the first few months and then they weren't anymore. He was the first person who loved me after you and I broke up and apart of me wishes that I would have stayed in Australia where Jaxson and I would be safe and I never would have met Adam, but then Jaxson never would've met you."

"Carly-"

"I'm so sorry Micheal. I'm sorry that I had a baby without telling you and I'm even more sorry for keeping him from you. I loved you and I did something that caused you so much pain and there's nothing I can do to make you stop hurting."

"But Carly, I'm not hurting. The only thing that's hurting me is see you like this."

"The day I found out I was pregnant, I tried calling you, but you never picked up, so I went to your house. When I got there your mom and dad weren't home, but the door was unlocked. I called out for you and ran up to your room to tell you everything, but by the time I got there you and all of your things were gone. I've never fully gotten over the pain of that moment and I don't think I ever will."

"Carly, I had no idea."

"You didn't know a lot of things. I'm still in pain from losing you the first time and then I made you leave the second time. Every chance I've ever had with you, I've fucked it up in more ways than one."

"What are you trying say?" 

"I still love you."