I don't care if it's a lie

Micheal's POV

After I leave Carly's house, I still can't shake the feeling that something is going on with her and her new boyfriend. I walk through the front door of my house and see Ashton and Calum sitting on the couch. 

"What the fuck was that?" Ashton asks. 

"I'm sorry I left so suddenly. I needed to talk to Carly." I say as I shut the door. 

"Did she say anything?" Ashton asks as I walk over to the couch. 

"No, but when she answered the door, she was in tears. She claimed that she just got into a fight with him, but I don't think that's the only thing that happened."

"Maybe you should  just drop it for now." Calum says. I give him a shocked look. 

"I'm not gonna drop something that could be hurting her or even start hurting my kid. I feel like I shouldn't even be bringing Jaxson to her house anymore out of fear that Adam is gonna be there and do something to Carly in front of Jaxson or do something to him."

"She told you that nothing's going on and even if something was, Carly's smart. She knows if she's in danger, she'll get herself out of that situation." 

"Calum, that's not how relationships like that work." Ashton says. 

"Well how do they work?" Calum says kind of angrily.

"He's probably threatening her or apologizing for everything that he's done, yet continues to do it. It's difficult to get away from a relationship like that because of how much manipulation that goes on. No matter how smart the person is, everyone's separable to a relationship like that." I look at Ashton and smile. 

"But we still don't know if it's true or not." Calum says back. 

"But it's good that she now has three people in her corner so far. I told her that if she ever needed somewhere to stay that our door is wide open to her."

"I just honestly hope you're wrong because she's been through enough pain for one lifetime." Calum says as he shifts in his seat. 

"Me too." Ashton says back. 

"Let's just get Jaxson and Luke down here and watch a movie. I kinda want to get my mind off this."

"Yeah, I'm down." Calum says. 

"Me too." Ashton says back. I nod my head and walk up the stairs. I walk into Jaxson's room and see him and Luke still playing on the floor. 

"Daddy!" Jaxson says as he gets up and runs to me. I pick him up and look back at Luke. 

"We're watching a movie, wanna join?" I ask. 

"Yeah sure." Luke says as he gets up. I put Jaxson down and he runs down the stairs. I lightly laugh and walk down the stairs with Luke. We all sit down on the couch and let Jaxson pick out a movie. 

After the movie is over, I bring Jaxson to bed. It's pretty late and I know that Carly would kill me if she found out I put him down this late. 

I walk back downstairs and sit down on the couch. "Can we watch something a little more not childish?" Luke asks.

"What do you want-" I'm cut off by the sound of someone knocking on the door. I give the guys a confused look before getting up and walking to the door. When I open it, I see Carly standing there with a bloody lip and a few cuts on her face. 

"Can I stay here for a few days?"