I love you enough to let you go

Michael's POV

When we get back to the house Luke, Calum, and Ashton watch Jaxson while Carly and I go up to his unfinished room.

We start to put his bed together, but I can see something's wrong with her.

"Is everything okay?" I ask. She looks up and sighs.

"What happened today, does that happen all the time?"

"Not all the time. It happens a lot less than you think it does."

"I'm just glad nothing happened to Jaxson."

"Trust me, I wouldn't let them touch him. If anyone laid a finger on them, they wouldn't be able to walk." Se lightly laughs. 

"At least it didn't freak him out."

"Yeah, but it happens. Sometimes they're nice and respect our privacy, but other times it's like that."

"So every time you take him out somewhere, there's a chance that could happen?"

"Yeah, but it's normal for me and I know what to do in that situation."

"You did a really good job. I wouldn't have thought of doing what you did."

"We still haven't really talked about posting about him. He's my son and I wanna share him, but that's only if you're comfortable with it."

"I don't have a problem with it. In fact," she starts taking her phone out of her pocket and show me a picture of Jaxson and I, "I took this before you two woke up this morning." A smile grows on my face. I take her phone out of her hand and send the picture to me. I hand it back to her and she smiles. 

"I'll post it after we finish his room." We both smile and get back to finishing his room. As we put the finishing touches on his room, he both hear a scream come from downstairs. We quickly get up and race down to find Luke on the couch with Jaxson and Cal and Ash run into the room. 

Carly and I make our way over to Luke and I can see the fear in his eyes. 

"He-he started screaming and I didn't know what to do so I just-"

"Luke it's okay. He's having another nightmare." Carly says as she starts waking Jaxson up. When he finally wakes up, he starts crying. Carly picks him up off Luke's lap and he holds onto her tightly. 

"Mommy make it stop."  He says through his tears. Hearing that come out if his mouth completely breaks me and I can see that it hurts Carly too.

"Michael, go start making calls. I want this to end and I want it to end now." She says sternly. I nod my head and run up to Jaxson's room to grab my phone. I start calling around and I, thankfully get him in somewhere. 

I come back downstairs and see Carly making him some food since he hasn't had anything since we went out. I walk into the kitchen and she stops what she's doing when she sees me. "So, anything?"

"He has an appointment tomorrow at three." 

"Thank god. I don't think I can do this anymore. I can't see him terrified to go to sleep. The reason he sleeps during the day is because it takes hours just to get him to go to bed at night."

"I know, but hopefully with the right kind of help, this will stop." She pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you for everything you've done Mike."

"You don't have to thank me." I say with a smile. We pull apart from each other and I walk over to Jaxson. His face lights up when I sit down. "Hey bud." A huge smile grows on his face and he jumps in my arms.

"I love you daddy." He says while hugging me.

"I love you too Jax." That's the first time I've ever said that to him and it didn't feel real. I know I keep saying this, but I still can't believe this is my life.

I'm doing what I love to do the most and that's making music, I have an amazing son who I wouldn't trade for the world, and I have his mom back who I haven't seen in so long.

I'm still not sure what the future holds for Carly amd I because I know that there's still at least a little bit of feelings there for her. I think a part of me will always love her and will always want her back, but I'm not sure if it's the same for her.

A little while later, I go on my phone and post the picture of Jaxson and I.

(I tried so hard to find a picture of Michael holding a kid about Jaxson's age, but I couldn't find anything and I su k ass at editing photos, so just make something up lmao.)

Michaelclifford so lucky and so blessed to have my amazing and healthy son Jaxson in my life. I'm sorry I have been so quiet about everything, a lot has changed in the matter of a few days, but I can assure you that everyone is well. Thanks for sticking by❤