Someone could love you more

Carly's POV

My eyes open and as my sight adjusts I notice that I'm laying on the couch. As I go to sit up, I feel an arm loosely thrown over my body.

I shift my position and see that it's Michael. I also see Jaxson laying on his chest. I smile and carefully remove myslef from the the couch.

I take out my phone and snap a quick picture almost as soon as Michael wakes up form what I can only assume is the missing warmth of my body.

I see his green eyes flutter open and a small smile appears on his face as he looks at Jaxson. He carefully shakes Jaxson away and he shifts in Michael's arms before he wakes up.

"Did you sleep well bud?" He asks as he ruffles his hair.

"Yeah." He says as he rubs his eyes. Both Jaxson and Michael sit up and so do I.

"Hey Jax," Michael starts, "you should go wake up your uncles." He nods his head and races up the stairs.

"Why did you do that?" I ask.

"I wanted to give us some time to talk about last night."

"What's there to talk about? Nothing happened between us so-"

"I know nothing happened with us,  I'm talking about what happened with Jaxson." I let out a shaky breath.

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"I think we should get him into some sort of therapy. I know he's young, but like you said, what if this never goes away?"

"Mike, he's only five. I'm sure that they wouldn't get anything out of him anyway."

"It wouldn't hurt to try."

"I know that, but he's just a kid Mike. I don't want him to be unhappy. You see the way he runs around and the way his eyes light up every second he spends with you. I don't want therapy to ruin that."

"It won't and I know it from personal experience. Getting help was the best thing that I could have done for myself and I see that my son needs some kind of help. It's not gonna hurt him, it'll make whatever's going on with him better."

"Micheal I-" 

"I'll race you down little dude." I head Calum say as he runs down the stairs with Jaxson. Not long after he comes down, Luke and Ash do as well.  "Man Jax, you really know how to run." Calum says as he pretends to be out of breath.

"So do you uncle Cal." He says happily. I glance at Michael and I see his face drop. I get up off the couch and grab Micheal's arm. I pull him off the couch and I walk him to the back yard. 

"Carly what are you-"

"Who do you know that can help him?"

"I thought that-"

"No you're right. If we don't do something now, this may never get fixed or get better. I want him to be happy for as long as we can make him happy." Tears start to flood my eyes. Michael then pulls my into a hug and it feels like nothing's changed between us. It almost feels like we're back in high school where it all began. He pulls away from me and wipes my eyes. I smile and so does he.

"I'll call around and see what they can do for him."

"Thank you Mike. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Hey, you raised him just fine on your own. None of this was your fault." He says with a smile. "You're a great mom, never forget that." 

"And you're an amazing dad." We both smile and walk back inside. Jaxson then runs up to us and grabs onto our legs. 

"Mommy, daddy, can we please go out to eat?" Michael bends down. 

"Sure bud, where do you wanna go?"

"McDonald's!" He says excitedly. 

"Okay," he looks up at Ashton, "uncle Ashton is gonna put you in the car and then we'll all go. How does that sound?" He jumps up and down and Ashton walks up behind him and picks him up. He takes him outside and the rest of us start getting ready. 

We get to the restaurant and we all order. It feels weird to be back to a place I never thought I'd be. I really thought that I was never going to see any of them again, but I knew it was wrong to keep Jaxson away from him dad. 

I know what it's like to not have a father around and it was a living hell. I wondered everyday if he was going show up at some point, but he never did. I couldn't let Jaxson live like that. 

We sit there and eat like a sort of family and I can see how happy this is making Jaxson. I happen to glance out the window and see a bunch of people snapping pictures of us. I nudge Michael and he looks up. "Shit." 

"What do we do?" I ask. I see Luke look up and Calum and Ashton turn around. 

"How the hell did they find us?" Luke asks. 

"I don't know, but we need to go, now." Michael says as he hurriedly gets up. Luke helps Jaxson pack up his food and then Michael picks him up. 

"Please don't let him get hurt." I say sternly.

"I won't." He says back. He covers Jaxson's face and we walk outside. 

"Michael, Michael is this your son?" 

"Tell us his name."

"Show us his face." We force out way through the photographers and finally get to the car. Michael carefully helps Jaxson into the car. We all pile in the car and end up taking the long way home since we kept getting followed. 

I didn't realize how terrifying a life like this can be. I knew that stuff like that happened, but I didn't know that it would be as bed as that. There had to have been about thirty people there just wanting to be the first to get a picture of his face.