Is it because you're jealous?

Chapter 16

Raine's POV

"What did I just miss?" I repeat looking at Haruhi.

"Um, friends of yours?" The brown haired boy said smiling over at me. I looked towards Haruhi as she nods.

"Mm-hmm, this is Hikaru and Kaoru. This is Raine," she says gesturing over towards me, "they're in the same class as me in high school. And this... is my senpa--" She pauses for a moment before continuing, "...is an acquaintance of mine."

I clamp my hand over my mouth to stop the giggling from escaping my lips as Tamaki practically collapsed to the floor. I roll my eyes at him before pushing Haruhi and Arai over towards a table. "Why don't you two catch up for a bit? I'm sure Misuzu wouldn't mind giving you a break, and if she does, I'll cover for you."

Haruhi gives me a grateful look before sitting down with Arai at the table. I turn to walk away but I still catch Haruhi's smile at him. "It's been since our graduation ceremony from middle school, huh?" I smile before walking back towards Hikaru and Kaoru.

I sit down on a stool next to Hikaru as the bell rings on the door signaling someone was here. I look over at the door to see Honey, Mori, and Kyoya walk in and then head over towards the table beside us. I smile at them before looking at the glass in front of me.

"Hmm, he's a friend of Haruhi from middle school, is he?" I hear Kyoya ask.

"If he's had zero contact since graduation, he's not a friend, he's just a former classmate." I glance over at Hikaru after he spoke, the coldness of his voice causing tension. "Hey, Haruhi! Shouldn't you be working? We've got a goldbricker over here!" I glance at Hikaru again before taking the glass from his hand to go fill it up.

"Misuzu-san let me have a break." Haruhi shouts after him as I hand his glass back to him.

He glares down at it before lifting it to his lips to drink from.

"What's with this guy? Is he taking the refreshing innocence line? We ended the refreshment contest last episode, you know."

"Hikaru, why are you being so bitter?" I say looking over at him as he shoots me a glare.

"You're being unusually critical, aren't you?" Kyoya says.

"I'm just saying," his voice raises higher projecting towards Haruhi and Arai, "that guy is clearly interested in Haruhi. It's plain as day, and kind of sickening." I shake my head before slumping over onto my elbow. 'Hikaru, get ahold of your emotions,' I think to myself.

"Now hold on, Hikaru! You're the one who's been acting unpleasant here!"

"No, it's okay. He's right, I did have a thing for you, Fujioka... Then again, I've already been turned down by you."

"What?!" I say looking over at Haruhi.

"Why are you so surprised?" Kyoya says beside me as he looks down at Haruhi.

She glances up at us, her eyes wide, "well, I mean..."

"Arai-kun, was it? When are we talking about, here?"

As Arai began delving into his past, I turned around to see Misuzu standing above me. "Is something wrong, ma'am?"

"Oh, nothing is wrong, I was just wondering if you could do something for me?"

"Of course," I say nodding.

She smiles before placing her hand around me. "Alright, so I had a guest that left last night. So I was wondering if you could go upstairs to clean their room?"