Christmas sorrows

Jolly Christmas is in the air as it snowed in the streets of Paris. People exchanging gifts and mistletoe being hung.

And the best part in the red ninja's opinion was that Chloe had started chasing Adrien again. He felt sorry for the guy but as long as it wasn't him.

There was one little green ninja though that was not feeling the spirit. He looks at the two present teammates who were with him in study hall. It was a few days before winter break and after busting three robberies last night Lloyd was tired. Kai was munching on a box of cookies Marinette had handed out during home ec class. Lloyd let out a small sigh he knew Kai and Skylor broke up last month and as selfish as he was being he wanted them to break up. It wasn't a bad blood thing and they ended on good terms so that was good. Lloyd sighs again and left the library to go anywhere else he just didn't know what to do.

He sat down on a bench outside and sighs letting the sun soak into his bones. Suddenly a voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked over and saw Marinette standing with a smile and a box of macaroons. "Want some?" She asks and Lloyd smiles accepting the gift but Marinette didn't leave.

She noticed the way Lloyd's eyes were sad and sat down next to him. "What's wrong?" Marionette asks. Lloyd sat up defensively. "Nothings wrong!" He said then lowered his voice. "Everything is fine," he adds. Marinette doesn't believe him and is determined to get to the bottom of this. "Lloyd I may not be as close with you as the others but I know when people aren't feeling well tell me what's wrong?" Marionette asks again in a motherly soothing voice. Lloyd stuffed two cookies in his mouth and looked away as he sighs.

"Hey greenie you want one?" A new voice joins in. The pair look up to see Kai had come over to them holding out the box of cookies for Lloyd. Lloyd hides a blush and didn't make eye contact. "Umm yeah...thanks Kai...Umm merry Christmas," Lloyd said and took a cookie. Kai smiles and left the two to talk as Lloyd nibbles on the cookie. Marionette smiles realizing the problem.

"You have a crush on him?" Marionette asks in a sing song voice and a sly smile. Lloyd blushes deeper. "No!...maybe?...yes," Lloyd admits defeated. Marionette pats his hand in sympathy knowing how hard that could be to deal with. "Does he know?" Marionette asks. "What no!" Lloyd shouted then blushes a deeper red. "Why not? He's a really nice guy and I'm sure he'd be a amazing boyfriend," Marionette said supportively but Lloyd just sighs. "He doesn't see me as more than a little brother and if he doesn't feel the same then I'd just ruin what we already have," Lloyd said. He wasn't sure why he was confiding in this girl but something about her just made you want to trust her.

"Does he see the others as brothers?" Marionette asks. "Yeah," Lloyd answers. "But who did he protect under the umbrella?" Marionette asks. "Me?" Lloyd said pointing to himself. "He didn't have to do that," Marionette said. Lloyd looks hopeful before deflating. "But he's so kind and protective what do I have against that? I'm just a brat who caused more trouble than I'm worth," Lloyd said. Marionette didn't understand why Lloyd would even think that of himself. "Why do you think your a brat?" She asks. "I got mixed up in a bad crowd when I was younger trying to impress my dad who didn't have the best past. Kai saved me from it even though it meant he was giving up a lot. He was there for me when my mom finally took a interest in me and convinced me to give her a chance, he was there when my dad died, he was always there for me protecting me. How could he ever love a burden like me?" Lloyd asks blinking back tears. Marionette hugged him tight. "Because you make up for those mistakes. If you were a brat then he wouldn't bother with you. Your not a burden your just as special and he sees that too they all do," Marionette said sweetly and Lloyd looks at her hopeful. "Really?" He asks. "Really. Just ask him and I'm sure he won't be rude in the unlikely case he doesn't return those feelings. And speaking from experience you better say something before he's gone," Marionette said. "But what if it's too soon? He only broke up with his girlfriend a month ago," Lloyd said nervously. That surprise the raven haired girl she had no idea Kai had been dating, but she wasn't giving up. "Was it bad?" She asks. "It was a mutal thing they just drifted apart," Lloyd shrugs. "Than your lucky to get a second chance don't waist it," Marionette said and Lloyd hugged her. "Thanks Marionette your the best," Lloyd said and hopped off to go somewhere with a bright smile.