charlie dalton

A request from LadyHanaOfL ❤️

You and Charlie first met through Meeks. He was your brother, You came to welton to see him and met Charlie in the hallway trying to find Meeks. You guys talked and he got your number.

you had a secret not even Meeks knows. You were being abused at home by your father. He would find out you had a bad grade and he would slap you or even push  you, and that was on his good days. Your mother didn't notice or just chose not to notice. Since Meeks was at school all the time, nobody knew anything.

You tried to keep this secret from everybody, even Charlie. When he would see you, he would notice a bruise on your arm, or see a cut on your cheek. You just made up a excuse saying it was from you falling off something.

You were getting ready for a date with Charlie. He was planning on taking you to a picnic in a field he found one day. You honestly didn't want to go, your ankle was swollen and you thought it was broken. Your father had pushed you down the stairs earlier that day and you ran to a friend's house near welton.

Charlie said he would pick you up there, so your friend autumn would help you with a outfit.

" Autumn, my ankle hurts really bad " you said whimpering laying on her bed.

" I know (y/n), I will get some stuff for it but you have to tell Charlie, he deserves to know what's going on. And also he said he would be here in " she said checking her watch

" 30 minutes "

You groaned throwing a pillow over your face, you wanted to tell him but it was complicated. your father threatened you to not tell anyone and you would rather stay quiet than get slapped in the face.

Getting up, you attempt to find a outfit. Choosing a pair of light blue jeans and yellow sweater you found in Autumn's closet.

Putting your hair in a bun you try to get up but then falling back onto the bed.

" Here's a ice pack and ace bandage, maybe this time you could tell Charlie what happened, I mean he's going to find out eventually. " She said coming and handing you the stuff.

" Maybe "

" Oh bye the way, how's your brother doing? Does he know what's going on? " Autumn said helping you with the bandage.

" He's okay, but no he doesn't. It's whatever though "

After she's done you thank her and put on some flat tops and try to hide the bandage under your jeans.

Suddenly, you both hear the door bell. Sighing you walk slowly down the stairs towards the door
Opening it to see a excited Charlie with flowers in his hand.
He's wearing a causal pair of black jeans with a shirt and jacket. Whatever he wears, he always looks amazing.

" Hello (y/n), looking beautiful as always. " He said giving you a kiss on the cheek.

" Ready to go "

" Yeah hold on one second " you said walking slowly back up the stairs. You find autumn and give her a hug.

" Have fun, and you can come back anytime you want. And also, you need to tell him. " She said pulling away with a concerned face.

" I will and thank you for everything. "

Walking back down you smile at charlie and hold his hand pulling the door closed behind you.

••••••••••

You had made it to the field and it was covered in beautiful green grass and trees. It was a perfect place for the picnic.

He placed the basket he brought on the blanket he layed out. Sitting down, you try not to hurt your ankle.

" Babe? Are you okay " he said looking over at you concerned

" Yeah I'm good Charlie " you said giving him a fake smile

He just nodded and opened the basket, taking the food out of it.

" Aw you made my favorite, thanks sweetie " you said smiling leaning over to kiss his cheek

He just smiled and hugged you

" Charlie, can we talk " you suddenly said, regretting it after you said it, but it was too late now

" Yeah of course "

You sighed and brought your knees to your chest

" For some while now, things have been happening that I should of told you a long time ago. I know you noticed the bruises and the cuts and now my ankle, but um. My father has been um I guess you would say abusing me, he, um, has slapped me and he would push me and kick me, and today he, pushed me down the stairs because I didn't do the dishes " you paused feeling tears start to fill your eyes.

" Steven doesn't know, since he's at school all the time, and I don't know if I want you to tell him. " 
You said looking at him

Charlie felt like his heart was breaking into tiny pieces, he didn't understand why someone would do something so cruel to Such a beautiful person. He wanted to go to your house and beat your father to a pulp. But he just hugged you.

Tears started to run down your face as you sobbed into his shoulder, he just ran his fingers through your hair, starting to cry himself.

" Your not going back there, I won't let you. Stay at autumn's tonight. I can't let you go back there, I just can't." He said voice cracking as he cried

" Okay "

" Promise me you won't "

" I promise, I love you Charlie "

" I love you too (y/n) , I love you so much "