•Jonah~leaving you•

"no, i haven't seen him. have you called his phone?" jack asked and i sighed. "yeah i did, 3 times and he hasn't called me back. jack this is our anniversary and jonah has been missing all day." i told him. "maybe he's planning a surprise for you. it'll be okay, but i have to go. keep me updated." we said our goodbyes and i threw my phone on the couch besides me. 

the dinner i had planned for jonah and i was at 7 so i just hoped that he would show up. i take a few deep breaths and got dressed, after that i grabbed jonah's gift. it was a rolex watch that he wanted to bad. it cost half of the money that i was saving up to go to visit my family, but i knew it would be worth it.

i grabbed my keys and head to my car, before driving to the a restaurant. i felt a smile come onto my face as i saw jonah sitting there. thank god, i knew he would be here. "hey babe, i didn't think you'd be here. but i'm happy that you are." he didn't return my smile but i sat down and place the gift behind me. 

"you didn't answer any of my calls. where were you?" i asked and jonah looked off into the distance but i looked at him. "i was out, running errands." my eyebrows furrowed, "on our  anniversary? okay... well you ready to eat?" 

jonah looked down and i was starting to get upset. "jonah what is up with you?" i asked, grabbing his hand but he moved it. "look, y/n. i-i...i'm in love with someone else." and my heart shattered, tears made my vision blurred and i slumped back in my seat. "y/n? i'm sorry, i just don't love you anymore."  

i felt the gift on my back and i reached behind me to retrieve it. i place it infront of him and stood up. "what's this?" and i smiled, looking down. "you gift, that i spent half of my money on. you know that rolex that you wanted. happy anniversary asshole."

i walked out and got in my car before calling jack. "hey! how'd it go?" he asked and i sniffed into the phone. "he t-told me that he didn't love me anymore and fell in love with someone else." i explained, gripping my steering wheel. i saw jonah look at his gift before looking at me in my car. "i'm gonna kill him." jack seethed into the phone. i wiped my tears and pulled out of the parking lot before going to my home. me and jonah didn't live together but some of his belongings were still there. "can you come pick up jonah's stuff from here please?" i asked, "of course, ill be there in a minutes."

i hung up and once i was parked in my driveway, i hit my steering wheel and cried. what did i do wrong? was i not good enough? how long has he felt like this? how will i ever fix my shattered heart?