➵ 3.8 - michael

Michael was happier with life now than he had been in quite a while. He was starting to get back on track with his schoolwork and his grades were improving. He was actually spending time with his friends again. He wasn't sad anymore. Things were getting better finally.

Today was Sunday and Michael was as Luke's house with Calum. They really needed to practice more if they wanted any chance of making it big. Calum and Luke kept saying that maybe Michael should try apologizing to Ashton and see if he would consider joining the band. If Jade could forgive him and move forward, then so could Ashton.

Right now, after recording another cover for YouTube, they were dying Michael's hair again. This time it was a weird mix of blues, pinks, and purples; Luke called it galaxy. Michael liked the combination, but he had a feeling he would be changing it soon.

"What'd you do yesterday?" Calum asked as Michael touched the almost dry dye in his hair.

"Nothing," Michael said evasively. He didn't want to tell them about Sheila. He had no right to. "We just hung out."

"Yeah, no shit," Luke laughed. "What'd you do when you hung out?"

"I gave her a new phone," Michael replied. After leaving Sheila's house, they spent some time setting up Jade's new phone.

"You got her a phone?" Calum questioned, sitting up on the couch. Michael shrugged. "What the hell, man? You've never gotten me a phone. I thought we were close."

"Yeah, well, I've never had a crush on you, either," Michael said dismissively. Luke laughed and kicked Calum lightly. Michael had missed this stupid banter with his stupid friends. He liked spending time with them. As much as he loved being with Jade, he was glad he could be here with these idiots right now.

"Crush," Calum mimicked him. "It's been, what, more than a month? Have you even kissed her yet?"

Yeah, I have actually, Michael thought. He gave Calum a scowl and said, "Have you even kissed Mae yet?" He had been talking about her an awful lot and had even brought her to hang out a couple times.

"Maybe I have. Who knows," Calum said, his cheeks turning red.

Michael stood up and walked towards the bathroom. "Good. Maybe I've kissed Jade. Who knows."

"She would've have killed you if you had," Luke called.

Michael laughed and gave him the finger without even turning around. "Fuck off, Luke." Little did they know that he actually had kissed Jade and she hadn't killed him. In fact, she had hugged him afterwards. Granted, there had been a mini freak-out first, but she did hug him.

It took Michael a while to get the bizarre dye out of his hair, but when he finally finished, he stared at himself in the mirror for a solid three minutes and admired just how good it looked. It was probably his favorite color that he'd had so far. He took a few, maybe a lot, pictures on his phone and sent one to Jade.

Michael: Do you like it?? look at the light blue streak in the front omg it looks so good I'm impressed with myself

And because he couldn't help himself, he sent her another text.

Michael: I miss you

He put his phone back in his pocket and went out to the living room, where Calum and Luke were watching How I Met Your Mother. Well Luke was watching it, Calum could barely keep his eyes open. Plus, he was texting someone. Probably Mae.

"Are we done for the day?" Michael asked as he plopped down next to Luke, almost on top of him. Luke didn't even flinch. He was used to this all.

"Yeah, I'm gonna upload it tonight once you both take your asses home," Luke said, not bothering to look at Michael and disturb his show. Just to annoy him, Michael scooted closer to Luke and pressed his cheek against Luke's chest, making him squirm. "Get off, Michael. Your hair is wet. Ew, fuck off."