➵ 1.6 - jade

((Vote pls thank you I love you ❤️))

Being drunk was a lot of fun. You could literally give a shit about nothing and no one would care because you were drunk. You could say anything and do anything with the hope that you would forget it all the next day because you were drunk. You could ask for ridiculous things, like ice cream, from people who weren't even your friend because you were drunk. You could dance with a somewhat asshole guy and not care because you were drunk. You could almost kiss the said somewhat asshole guy and not care because you were drunk.

That's right. Jade Krystal Evans almost kissed Michael Gordon Clifford before Ashton Fletcher Irwin ruined the moment. Or saved it. However the hell you wanted to look at it.

Everything was fine. They were still dancing because Jade didn't fucking care if she was in trouble. She was almost eighteen, her mother was dead, no one could give her shit for anything. She could do whatever she wanted. So, yeah, she was dancing. Big deal. Then Michael said something about her eyes that made her look up at him and his face was so close. She could easily kiss him if she leaned up just a little more. A part of her wanted to, but a bigger part of her was shooting warning signals in every direction. She knew she was drunk out of her mind, she knew she would regret it in the morning, she knew Michael would try to take it further, but right now she didn't care. She wanted to kiss him and that was it.

Maybe she would have done it, maybe she wouldn't have. But she would never know because at that moment, Ashton Fricking Irwin called her name and all color drained from Michael's face. Jade didn't know why. She thought she was mad at Ashton for coming at such a bad time, but the second she saw his face, she knew she wasn't. But he looked mad.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Yep, he was definitely mad. Jade didn't like that tone. Beth was with him. "I thought you were going to the party."

"I did go to the party." She stepped out of Michael's arms and stood in front of Ashton. She took his hand and raised it to her scratched eyebrow. "Look what happened."

"What happened?" Ashton asked, glancing between Michael and Jade. He tilted her head to the side to get a better look. "How'd you get hurt?"

So Jade told him. The whole story. How the douchebag was being a total pig with some girl and how Michael got mad and how Jade stepped between them and how the douchebag pushed her to the side and made her fall and scratch her eyebrow and how much it hurt and how Michael bought band aids from the store and then bought her ice cream and then how they danced to All Time Low. She left out the part about wanting to kiss Michael. By the time she finished, Ashton was somewhat smiling. "And here I thought I would have to kick your ass," he said, nodding towards Michael.

"Sorry," Michael said. "I honestly didn't know any of this would happen."

Jade hugged Ashton. She'd missed him. Then she remembered Beth standing next to her. She pulled back and grinned at the girl sheepishly. "Sorry."

Beth laughed. "It's okay. I'm glad you're okay, though. Ash thought Michael abducted you or something."

"We were only dancing," Jade said. As if her and Michael dancing should be totally normal. "Do you want to dance?" She looked from Ashton to Beth. "Let's dance." She put Beth's hand in Ashton's and pushed them together and then went back to Michael. "Let's dance," she told him.

Michael played the song again because they hadn't finished it before. He held his arms open for Jade to step into. In her drunkenness, she basically stood on Michael's feet, but he didn't push her off. He held onto her with gentle hands and swayed them both from side to side. The last thing Jade remembered was him saying "I'm sorry," before everything blacked out.