A race against time

After lunch break all the students went inside running except for our little ai who seems as if the whole world weight is on her little shoulders. dragging her feet not caring that she's was stepping on mud or that's it's about to rain , not caring that she forgot her umbrella taking heavy sighs and looking up after a while the yard is empty now and drops of rain started to fall : look like it's about to ran, at least the weather is feeling my sorrow
With that she went to class hoping that school will end soon so she could go home spend some time with hakase and work on that antidote.

Conan was starting to droll and his eyes are slowly giving up. he looked up to the clock that hung up over the board there was still a little more to finish school for the day.
He turned his head to the quiet girl setting next to him her eyes were focused on the teacher but she looked as if her mind was elsewhere " what is that yawny evil girl thinking about again? Must be imagining that she's touring me ?, Oh oh could it be she's trying to remember the formula for the antidote ? Her knotted eyebrows indicates that she's bothered about something"
The detective didn't know that he was staring at her for too long now , haibara felt nervous and wrote in a small note "staring is rude detective" and she putted it in front of him
He looked at her with a questioning look he opened the note and felt his face turned to shades of scarlet he tried not to look at her the next few minutes, but he definitely stole some glances and she did too but they didn't let each other know it .
Finally it was time to go home haibara gathered her bag quickly and looked at the detective boys: ah mena sorry I have somewhere else to go, see you tomorrow and Yoshida san don't worry I didn't forget I'll call you tonight and she sprinted out of the class. the detective boys looked at each other confused then looked at conan he raised his shoulders : i have no idea where is she going
He took his bag : well see you tomorrow then
And with that they all decided to call it a day and went home .

Conan on his way to the detective agency: now that was odd where would haibara go? The supermarket? Nah she would tell us to go with her , ah shoot I forgot to ask her about the antidote is she making any progress? Hmm
He looked up and found that he was standing on the doorstep of the agency, he went up running with the thought of calling haibara to ask her about everything that happened today: ran nechan I'm home

8:30 Monday evening.
: aicon come you've been in the lab all day you are exhausting your body.
Came haibara's voice from the basement: hakase you can go on and eat and sleep if you want I'm in the middle of an important thing right now.
Hakase went to the basement and tried to open the door it was locked he said with a parent style : now you're locking doors  young lady?
Haibara smiled at his behavior: you're sounding like a father hakase, sorry I can't open the door i want it to be a surprise for you too wait until tomorrow.
With that hakase gave up and went upstairs: i just hope that the surprise is worthy of the torture you're making your body go through.

Meanwhile in the agency
Ran: com on conan kun your dinner is getting cold.
Conan came out of the shower running: haaii
Kogoru was drinking beer : hey kid why are you here tonight?
Conan looked at him confused: what do you mean uncle kogoru I'm always here
Kogoru: you didn't go to the professor's house, now that's strange, did you have a fight with that red blonde I don't know what color her hair.
Conan with a stupid look painted on his face: you mean haibara uncle? No I didn't have a fight with her, and her hair color is strawberry blonde.

Conan without noticing it his hand was touching his chin he was thinking
"Coming to think about I didn't call her today neither did she, I don't know what she's up to i need to call her, and what did he mean about me not going I guess it's became obvious how much I rely on haibara"
He didn't notice ran's glances "he looks so much like shinchi, even when thinks , the way he places his hand on his chin when he's drenched in thinking. I need to call him again we need to clear what's going on between us it's confusing whenever people ask"
Conan lifted his eyes to ran who was smiling at him : is something the matter ran nichan?
She smiled to him: no you just remind me of someone
Conan felt bad he could see the sadness in her eyes "I'm sorry ran , sorry for bringing you nothing but pain and sadness"

2:45 in the morning
She turned the door knob slowly trying not to make any noises, not wanting to wake the professor up she walked on her tiptoes trying to find her way to the kitchen in the middle of darkness. wearing her lab coat over her baby blue pajama and her hair bouncing behind her neck, her nose and cheeks are slightly turning red because of the cold weather and to top it off the lab was a literal fridge .
After finding the way to the kitchen she decided or to be honest she was desperate for not a cup but a gallon of coffee to keep her mind and eyes open, after all she needs to finish her work with the first ray of sunshine .

She stayed in the kitchen for 20 minutes sipping her coffee in the darkness enjoying the quiet atmosphere,enjoying the night and enjoying the coffee she thought "i need to appreciate the little enjoyable things, who knows if I'll make it to see the sunrise after three days from now."
She finished the coffee and went straight to the lab to continue her work.

4:50 before sunrise
The detective in the apartment above the agency was having a night full of nightmares , he kept dreaming about the black organization finding him and haibara, he saw ran in danger and everyone he loves life's in danger he woke up sweating and decided to take a shower
Her tried to call haibara but there was no answer he started to feel something is wrong something isn't right he thought "since yesterday's afternoon every time I decide to call haibara i keep on forgetting what's wrong with me what if she was in danger"
He quickly dressed up and took his skateboard and slowly on his tiptoes opened the agency's door and went to his old neighbor's house to check on the scientist.

5:00 o'clock and the first ray of sunshine
There she is standing in her lab a protection glass is on her face holding a pill between her fingers. she turned her head to her table there was more than 10 samples, their results was a complete failure, except the one in her hand she held the pill up high toward the sun with a tired smile on her face: I finished the antidote.