Awkward Conversations

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K.ROWLING OWNS THEM. This is just a fanfic written by a huge HP fan.

-------------------------------------------------------

Draco walked around the curtain that surrounded the bed Hermione occupied. The first thing he noticed was the frustrated look on her face, and the glare she was giving Madam Pomfrey who was fussing around the bed in her normal manner.

      He started to wonder why she was looking at the woman like that. Hermione wasn’t usually one to glare, and she always had at least a small smile planted across her face. Draco himself was glaring at Potter as he sat down on the bed next to Hermione. He was fuming that he had let his guard down so much, that Potter had noticed his changed feelings.

      Draco sat down in the chair next to the bed. He leaned back, and pulled his ankle up to rest on his other knee in one of those manly poses the men were always sitting in on the covers of ‘Witch Weekly’. His rested his arms on the armrests and stared at the scene in front of him.

      Potter was pushing back a piece of her hair, tucking it behind her ear and talking to her quietly. He thought this scene would have angered him a little more if he hadn’t known that Potter was madly in love with Ginny. There was still a spark of anger, that he wasn’t the one in his place, but it wasn’t directed at Potter. Besides, if Draco had have been in Potters place, Hermione would have suspected something. He was sure Potter would be snickering in the corner of the room. And Potter was allowed to do little things like that – he was her best friend after all.

      Hermione’s gaze had left the old woman while she had been talking to Potter, assuring him she was fine, and it had now turned on Draco. Those delightful chocolate brown eyes made him sit up a little straighter in his chair, but because his leg was up, he nearly fell off the chair entirely.

      He settled for leaning his elbows on his knees, with his hands clasped out in front of him. It was the way he sat when he was thinking, the Draco way.

      “You alright Hermione? What did she say?” That anger flared again and appeared in her eyes.

      “I’m fine, I think. She didn’t really tell me anything. She just asked me a bunch of personal questions that I would have rather kept to myself.” He knew what she was talking about. He overheard one of those personal questions while he had been listening in.

      “So a bunch of personal questions and no answer?” He rolled his eyes. That was so typical. All they wanted to know was what the problem was, but Madam Pomfrey kept quiet. Perhaps it was nothing bad at all, or perhaps it was something terrible. He went cold at that thought.

      Potter caught the Healers attention and she gave him a worried look.

      “Madam Pomfrey, is there something you’re not telling us?” She paused for a second, and stared directly at Hermione with her worried old eyes.

      “I can’t tell you until I’ve spoken to the Headmistress.” A frantic look was now planted on Hermione’s face and she was turning white.

      “Speak to the Headmistress? What the bloody hell is wrong with her?” Draco asked her. His tone was a bit rude and Madam Pomfrey turned on him.

      “Mr Malfoy I will not tolerate that sort of tone and I can’t tell you until I have spoken to her. So Mr Potter here can take this message –“ She pulled a piece of parchment from her pocket and handed it to Potter, “To Professor McGonagall and then come back down with her. The password is ‘Muggle’.” As Madam Pomfrey turned to walk away, Potter spoke up.