Goodbye For Now

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K.ROWLING OWNS THEM. This is just a fanfic written by a huge HP fan.

HELLO! Sorry for the delay but here is the next part! Draco's P.O.V as promised! It's the longest ive done so far I think!ENJOY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Draco could feel the gushing blood oozing down the side of his face as he stood up shakily against the remains of the pub wall. All firing of spells had ceased, and he was starting to feel the beginnings of a migraine and dizziness.

      After Potter had cast his patronus – something Draco was cursing himself for not knowing now – the glowing stag took care of the Dementor’s that had reined in on Hermione and Potter. Hermione went down just before it was cast and Draco’s attempt to grab her and pull her to safety was shot down as the remaining Death Eater shot a curse at him that sent him flying into the wall, where he smashed his head.

      He could feel deep wounds on his chest but he didn’t bother to look down for he was not only afraid of what he would see, but also because all he wanted to do was make sure Hermione was okay.

      Just after she had gone down, and Draco had been sent flying, he noticed Kingsley Shacklebolt the current Minister for Magic and long time Auror blast through the remains of the doors and take care of the Death Eaters with some other Aurors.

      And just at that moment, officials from St. Mungo’s had burst through the doors and started helping the patrons that were still alive. There were some unfortunately that were dead, the green flash of the killing curse had touched them to their very core.

      Stumbling towards his girlfriend, Draco fell down when he got to her, and pulled her limp unconscious body onto his own bloodied and bruised one. He hoped like hell that the Dementor hadn’t sucked her soul right out, just like his father was set to have done to him.

      He looked around behind him to find few from the D.A still standing. Lavender was on the floor next to a shell shocked Weasley, who was green in the face. Seamus was next to the Patil twins who were equally bloodied up in the face and Dean was unconscious on the Irishman’s other side. George and Weaslette, seemingly unhurt were sitting next to an unconscious Potter whose head was on Weaslette’s lap and Neville and Luna appeared to be unhurt.

      “Come on Mione, wake up.” Draco croaked quietly to the girl in his arms. A frazzled Madam Pomfrey bustled up to the two of them and took one look at them both of them before an angry scowl crossed her face, one Draco thought he would never see on there.

      “This is what those damned Death Eaters and Dementor’s did to you? Why if I had been here...” She mumbled angry words while she examined the two of them. Other medical personal were looking over the rest of Hermione’s friends.

      The old witch’s hands ripped the scarf from his neck and gasped, also undoing the buttons of his dark shirt and had seemingly forgotten that he used to be one of them. “They did this to you? You need to get back to Hogwarts, immediately. All of you do.” With that, she took out her wand and conjured enough stretchers for the lot of them, and they were carried up into the safety of the school. Draco never took his hand off of Hermione’s the whole way up.

 -----------------------------------------------------------

      He caressed her beautiful face with soft fingertips, wishing for her to wake up sooner rather than later. It had already been a full two days since the incident in Hogsmeade and she was yet to rise from her sleep.