A Fresh Start

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K.ROWLING OWNS THEM, this is just a fanfic by a huge HP fan! =D

----------------------------------------------------------

HERMIONE P.O.V

 “Can you please just tell me what Malfoy was talking about already?” Harry was annoying the hell out of Hermione about the comment Malfoy had made, just before walking into the Great Hall for breakfast.

      “For the hundredth time Harry, it was nothing. But the more important thing, which we all want to know, is what Malfoy wanted with you.” Ron and Ginny were nodding with her in agreement. It was just the four of them now. Neville had gone off to see Professor Sprout about extra Herbology work he wanted.

      “He had a package for me from Narcissa.” Harry said finally.

      “Blimey, that woman’s gone gaga for you Harry.” Ron said to Harry, who sitting to his right. Ginny and Hermione were sitting opposite them, facing the side of the room which held the Slytherin table. Hermione could see under the table every time she moved a little, that Harry and Ginny were playing footsies under there, which explained why they kept smiling to themselves randomly.

      “Well? What did she give you?” Hermione egged on.

      Harry held up his hand “This ring.” They all gasped when they saw it. The ring was magnificent. It was a silver hourglass with grains of sand steadily flowing down from the top to the bottom.

      Only Hermione seemed to know what it was, she had seen one before in a book. It was a Significance ring, and she had always wondered where all the ones in the world got to, there weren’t too many of them around you see, just like invisibility cloaks. That is unless you’re Harry, and you have one of the Hallows, the only invisibility cloak in the world that doesn’t wear out.

      “That’s a Significance Ring.” She said. All eyes turned on her, but Harry didn’t seem surprised that she knew what it was.

      “What did you read about them?” Harry asked. Ron’s face screwed up as he said this.

      “How the ruddy hell do you know she read about it?” He asked Harry.

      “Oh come off it Ron, she learns everything from books. It’s not exactly like we have televisions at Hogwarts.” Harry said, rolling his eyes at his best friend.

      “What’s a television?”

      Harry and Hermione laughed at Ron’s question but Ginny and Ron were waiting for an answer. It was always funny for them when he asked such a mundane question like this one. They often forgot that the Weasley’s were a Pureblood Wizarding family, and hadn’t grown up in the muggle world, so they didn’t know what a simple object like a television was.

      “I’ll show you both one if you come to my house.” Hermione offered. “But that’s not the point, we were talking about Significance Ring’s, remember? Anyway, those Rings are very rare Harry.”

      “How rare are they?”

      “Well not as rare as your cloak of course Harry, but rare enough that there aren’t very many of them around, and wanted enough that if a family has one, they don’t go boasting about it, not even the Malfoy’s.”

      Everyone was quite for a moment before Ron spoke up, “How is it that all the rare stuff finds its way to you Harry? I mean all the Hallows made it to you, and this too. It’s bloody weird.” Harry simply shrugged his shoulders.