One Nightmare to Another

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K.ROWLING OWNS THEM. This is just a fanfiction written by a huge HP fan.

--------------------------------------------

Hermione dreamt of an alternate world. In this alternate world she was still a witch, but there had never been a rebirth of Lord Voldemort, he hadn’t risen once again and the war was a non-existent thing. No, in this world someone had destroyed his horcruxes and killed Lord Voldemort long before he had the chance to get to Harry Potter and his parents, and Harry wasn’t at all famous like he was in the real world.

      The three of them were still friends, herself, Ron and Harry, but none of them were in Gryffindor, they had all been placed in Slytherin and instead of there being three of them all the time, there were four.

      Draco Malfoy would be walking, talking, sharing lunch meals, laughing with and going to classes with the three of them as he was one of their best friends. Hermione had wondered when she first saw this in her dream, how she had managed to get into Slytherin as a Muggle-born, but as it turns out, her parents had lied to her and they were in fact wizards, just banned from using magic due to the fact that they used to be dark wizards, followers of Lord Voldemort’s.

      Hermione found herself to be just like that horrid Pansy Parkinson, picking on all the younger students and taunting the Gryffindor students. She would find pleasure out of calling muggle-born children ‘Mudbloods’ and telling them how dirty their blood was, that they were pure filth.

      Hermione woke with a start. Her breathing was a little heavy and she had been crying a little in her sleep as her cheeks were wet. Why would she dream such horrid things? She knew she could never be in Slytherin, that house was full of nasty Purebloods and she knew she would never call anyone a Mudblood, because it was a foul thing to say.

      Hermione slid her feet out of bed and stood up, stretching as she yawned from a long hard sleep. Hermione couldn’t figure out for the life of her why she would have a dream such as this, but she tried to forget about it and walked over towards the bathroom door.

      Hermione opened the door softly and entered. She gasped quickly and looked down at the floor as she realised she had walked in on Malfoy, standing in a towel with his wet blonde hair dangling around his eyes.

      “I’m so sorry Malfoy! I momentarily forgot that we shared a bathroom!” She stuttered.

      “No don’t be sorry, it was my fault I should have locked the doors or placed a locking charm on them. Although it might have been polite to knock anyway.” He grumbled afterward, not caring that she was standing there, able to see him in nothing but a towel.

      “Well I told you I forgot we shared a bathroom for a moment. Don’t get huffy with me Draco Malfoy.” Hermione’s head was facing down towards the ground, but she couldn’t help but sneak glances upwards and try to get a look at that chest of his. Her first glance at him had looked quite nice.

      She had to remind herself for the millionth time in two days that this was Draco Malfoy.

      He scoffed “’Draco Malfoy’ am I now? God you sound like my mother when she used to try and discipline me... no Draco, you promised yourself you wouldn’t be a jerk.” He mumbled the last part and Hermione couldn’t quite catch what he was saying.

      “Sorry, what did you say? I didn’t quite hear you.” Hermione said, finally looking up at him. Malfoy had been staring at himself in the mirror when she walked in on him, but he was now facing her, with his arms across his chest.