Blackmail Works Like a Charm

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS: J.K.ROWLING OWNS THEM. This is just a fanfic by a huge HP fan.

------------------------------------------------------

Hermione stirred under Draco’s grasp, and that was what woke him up. When he looked down, his eyes still groggy and full of sleep, he noticed that she wasn’t awake yet, simply stretching a little bit. She was curled up on his lap, her small form tucked up underneath his long arms which wrapped around her and pulled her into him.

      Draco couldn’t help but smile. He had finally admitted to himself, before he fell asleep that he really had fallen head over heels for this girl. He wasn’t sure he loved her, as his mother used to tell him that love was a strong word, and should only be used when it was meant, so for now he settled for liking her a lot.

      Looking down at the gold watch he was given for his seventeenth birthday, he noticed it was early morning, around 7 am. He figured she must have slept the whole night through; otherwise, wouldn’t she have woken him up to go to her own bed?

      Draco drew her closer to him, as close as she could get and as gently as possible so not to wake her. He put his lips to her head and kissed her scalp gently. Her hair was smoothed down from the previous day’s memorial service, but he wouldn’t have minded if it had been its usual bushy self. While his face was this close to her, he breathed in her sweet scent and melted like chocolate in the sun.

      He wanted to kiss her right there and then. He wanted to kiss her on the lips. He wanted to snog her senseless until her lips were as red and as swollen as tomatoes. He wanted to sweep her off her feet and take her to his room. He wanted to take her clothes off and... No, he couldn’t think like that, she was still innocent and pure. But the rest he wanted to do, and he just hoped that she wanted to also.

      Who would have known that the Muggle-Born girl he had met at age 11, taunted and teased for all their teenage years, would be the girl he fell for at the age of eighteen. He wouldn’t have thought it even possible. Heck he wouldn’t have even thought of it, especially because of her blood status. But that didn’t matter anymore, blood isn’t everything, and Draco knew that now.

      She stirred again about half an hour later before she started moaning. He started to chuckle when he heard this. Hermione moaning, now that was a sound to hear. But when he started to hear audible words, he stopped laughing and listened closely.

      “Don’t...no, no, no...Stop it! Please! Don’t hurt him, PLEASE!” All of a sudden she started crying in her sleep, wailing and screaming too. Draco stood up with her in his arms and laid her down on the couch, where she lay thrashing around, trying to scratch something with her hands that wasn’t there.

      “Hermione! Wake up! Ugh... Not again.” Draco thought this to be exactly like the last time she had a nightmare, she wouldn’t stop screaming and crying. Now it was worse, and he had no idea what to do.

      “Please! GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU BASTARD!” She screamed some more. “NOOO!”  Draco was frantic now, not sure what to do. He grabbed his wand from the table behind him and was about to splash water on her when he heard the words that always sent chills down his spine. And frankly, he was glad there was no wand in her hand.

      “AVADA KEDAVRA” And as she said them, it was as if she had been struck by lightning as her body jolted quite high from the couch and her eyes opened. They were frantic and darting around everywhere. Draco put his hands either side of her face to make her look at him, to see that whatever had just happened in her dream, was no longer there and that she was back in reality.