Solomon's Skills

The lights got dimmer as the DJ played Kalado's Good, Good Bring Life for the umpteenth time. Solomon relaxed, yet tittered on edge.

Amber was looking out as she leaned on the wall. Solomon said, "...that was good to see them back then. They usually release stuff like every month."

Amber groaned acknowledgment of what he said. Solomon nodded his head and moved to something else. "The party's been good."

"It get boring now. Feel like leaving..." Amber said.

They just came here and now she wanted to leave? So what about Solomon? Could he not get the chance to spend time with her, at all?

She spent all her time with somebody else. It wasn't him, but it was another man, the whole night!

He closed his eyes trying not to let his frustration break out of him right now.

Solomon formed the question in his mind and then smiled. "Mmm, well you had a lot of fun...I am sure. I did not go down to the other floor...so...I am not too sure, but...I mean you must have had fun hanging with your friend at least." Solomon breathed out and looked away when he saw her eyebrows scrunched up.

Even though Solomon tried to keep out any hint of emotion in what he said, it was likely the last sentence already told too much.

"Me was mostly talking and he was a family friend," Amber said. Solomon glanced at her. Her face was neutral then she slapped him with. "Compared to you, me no have much fun tonight."

What was that supposed to mean? Then there was that family friend to consider, was that a more than a friend? It could be. She spent the whole night with that man!

But what could he do, Solomon wasn't her boyfriend. What could he say to her? Nothing, he was lucky to be getting a chance as it was.

Solomon answered with a swift retort, "Not really, I was waiting on you."

Amber's eyes drifted to the ground when she crossed her arms and held the shoulders. "Were you not with Michaela and Valetta?"

"Yeah, but it was..."

Amber's lips twisted as she shifted onto her right leg.

Solomon continued, "I mean they were on the dance floor. My two left legs can't move no mountain, so me a medz."

Amber snickered, but quickly controlled it. Her frown returned on her face and her eyes were deadpan, while they stared out into the crowd. Solomon could see something was bothering her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I am fine," she answered without much change.

Solomon looked out into the dance and replied, "Well, hey I-i mean we can still make sure you have fun tonight."

Amber turned towards him as she took out her phone. Solomon continued. "Come on, ahhh...me and you can dance."

She stared at him like he said something crazy and cut her eyes looking away. "I thought you said you can't dance?"

"I'll figure it out."

"Not to this boring vibes."

Solomon couldn't let it end like this. "Come on, I affi make the night end good for you. I brought you here after all. I'll tell you what. Ahhh. Hmm. Oh, I will give you a lap dance."

Amber widened her eyes as she looked at her phone. She whirled her head up at Solomon and replied, "Lap dance?"

"Yeah, I mean I got..." He gestured with his hand and lost the words in thought.