Solomon's Fallacy

The door creaked open. Solomon winced at the sound, but Shanice laid motionless on the bed. There was not much in her room just a clothes basket. Though it smelled pretty good in here with the strong aroma of grapes. 

Solomon came up and touched her arm. She stirred. Shanice yawned when Solomon backed away. She woke up. 

“Huh, sup?” She batted her eyes at him.

“Just telling you that I am going to Portland. Not coming back 'til night.”

“Oh, gwan. Me will soon leave anyway.”

“Member fi lock up, hear?”

Shanice gave him a thumbs up. Solomon gave a nod and left. Sonia said she would give him back to Solomon next week Wednesday. He could not wait, part of him wanted to bring introduce him to Amber. 

He wondered if that would be a problem. Amber did not have any children herself, so maybe she did not want any. 

Solomon shook the negative thoughts out of his mind and focused on just getting there. He jumped into the car. Sitting in the sleek interior, it carried a luxurious silvery dashboard.

Solomon started the car and the radio chipped into Jamiel's Strongest Soldier. 

It set the mood for the rest of the drive. The gliding wind passed over him and cutting the thick stream was the car under his tight grip. He mentally roared with this beast under him. The smooth, yet low whirring of the car slicing eagerly to the destination. 

A lot changed, from the cluster of the urban jungle to the tight, flanking forests that hugged the roads. The sky became brighter and Solomon's mood went up with it.  

He gotten instructions from her. It took him three hours, but soon he neared the town of Neebleson. Nice looking blue painted welcome sign too. 

Solomon called her phone and got no answer. She was probably busy and focused on getting there for now.

The inside of the community however had him wondering if he was driving into the right place. Two and three-story houses that he would have to give an arm or a leg to be sleeping in. These, are the houses he wanted.

He wondered if they were any for sale. Solomon would have to ask her. These houses were big, old school, victorian style roofs with those triangular gable  ends. The dentils are lined with smooth unblemished clay tiles.

Balusters curved around the houses in style, complementing either fiber cement or stone walls. 

They were not those ugly crap square quads he always kept seeing in the city. Huge property lands with many other secondary buildings if not large beautiful gardens.    

One sign piqued his interest, it wasn't a road sign, it was a for sale sign. Solomon slowed to a stop. It was a blue and white house with dark brown awnings and protruding upper sections over the lower roof slant. 

A beautiful construction. He wanted it.

He used to build houses like this. It was funny that he could eventually own one. Solomon saved up enough from his trucking days to do it, but he wasn't sure if he should right now.

He didn't have a reason to buy a big house at a time like this. It wasn't like he had a family to take care of except his son and he wasn't with Solomon all the time.

If it's for Amber, he would do it. She would love it. Amber may have one house, but she could never have enough houses.

He took down the number from the sign and decided he was going to make that call later.

Solomon peeked out at the house numbers and saw one, one hundred, and twenty-seven, so He stopped the car and exited to stare up at the lovely green house, the land was big. The grass could use some watering as it was patchy in some places. Still, with the nearby soursop tree and the bushes along the right side, it was a pretty good-looking place. 

He did not get far though. 

The cat.

He looked down at it. The cat wagged its paw up at him. What was the name of this thing?

Curimal?

No, that could not be it. Solomon took up the cat and petted it. It purred and snuggled closer to Solomon. Solomon was never a pet person, but he kind of liked this cat.

Solomon froze. His earing perked up. Was that shouting?

Solomon went to the open grill and heard a flurry of anger wielded like a hammer. “I'ma murder you!”

Was that Valetta's voice?

“Stop it! Valetta!” Amber?  “Noooo, easy girl, easy! Whoaa!” Amber! 

His legs pumped with urgency, for the mind clouded to everything except the door before him. 

Solomon grasped that door and pulled.