Solomon's Steel

Solomon walked into the tall confines of the warehouse and its shadow covered him. The untouched boxes with drinks of Bright Island Herbal Tea waited for their attention of the staff. 

Today, he was a loader man, with no pep in his step, yet no happiness to get to the destination. 

The noise of men sweating under the comfort of the warehouse's shade knew the glare of the sun wasn't far.

He stopped trying to question anything. The only thing that mattered was Amber. Also, there was an emotion building inside of him.

It was an unnerving one, but it was a familiar emotion, fear. 

Solomon replaced that emotion with rage. Rohan's actions worried Solomon. Amber may have thought Rohan was a meddler, but Solomon detected a darker intent.

He was going to bash into that intent to see if what Solomon feared was ridiculous. Solomon hoped it was.

They met outside the entrance to a cold room and he didn't waste any time by asking for a meeting with Rohan. Rohan said if he was going to do it, Solomon might as well carry him somewhere.

That was perfect.

Solomon had no problem with that, so Rohan jumped into the box truck filled with Bright Island Herbal teas. 

The truck roared to life and as he drove toward the entrance he turned the truck around and rolled the truck inside of the parking lot. 

There was a small number of cars in the employee parking lot, so there was not much space here. Behind the parking lot was a large strip of asphalt where other trucks were parked.

The sun baked the trucks into a simmer as they rolled out.

"Okay, speak, what do you want to talk about?" Rohan with a tight waver of his hand.

Solomon ignored him until he spun the truck out into the backlot.

It wasn't a power move on Solomon's part, for he couldn't stop sweating. Solomon should have just quit! He closed his eyes and concentrated on his breathing. 

If he didn't do this, who would? Solomon inhaled and gathered his courage. Not looking at Rohan made this easier.

He opened his mouth, but what was easy in his mind to say wasn't so much now that he was beside Rohan.

Solomon swallowed and glanced at Rohan. "Why you take, hm, interest in me?"

Rohan stared. That stare wavered downward as his jaw flexed to the side. "If you're expecting me to tell you roses and red, that is not me."

Okay, that was the wrong question, but Rohan was never the romancing type, was that why it never worked out between him and Amber? 

A rippling tremor bubbled inside of him, but he pushed it down. This wasn't the time to play the comparison game.

"You passed the exit," he said.

They weren't leaving anytime soon.

Solomon rubbed his forehead. "Rohan, you love talk like it's about business, but you did this over some woman, so me asking."