Solomon's Day Off

A notification came in from the Apple of my Eye app. Solomon shifted on the bed and the fluid sled off his skin as he steadied his breathing. He was done. Solomon slid his thumb across the lovely picture of the singer, Maribella in a bikini and clicked off the phone screen. He placed the phone on the dresser. 

Solomon blinked, breathed out as his desire for lunch lifted his back off the bed and hand from below. Taking the sheet he wiped off the fluid and breathed out as the relief traversed down his back. 

All of the day was available to him, which was the problem. He breathed out again mostly out of frustration. 

What was Marcus doing?

Solomon sighed and with haste, slid up his pants. He buckled it and went to the door, unlocked it, and stepped outside. His thoughts mangled back and forth in gloom, but he knew what he needed to do. 

Solomon washed his hands and now had a new goal. Eat, then he should go about seeing Marcus.    

He stretched his arms and rolled his shoulders as he swiftly walked through the living room and into the kitchen.

 There was a clean wooden table in the center with utensils and plates sitting there in their plastic enclosures. 

Only three of the stove’s burners were working when he came here, but Solomon with a cooking mishap clogged up one of the burners with oatmeal which left two working burners. Hopefully, when he moved from here he would not be asked to pay for it. 

It was already not working to full capacity anyway.

Checking the fridge he found nothing, but two eggs, some mixed parts of chicken, and leftover mackerel still in its tin. He wondered if he had bread, but he was sure he did not. 

That tea drink, he saw it on the fridge door. He should bring that to his sister later.

Solomon closed the fridge with one egg in hand. Looking around, from the cabinet to the shelves it gave him no hope. He found rice though, but rice and egg were not on his appetite’s mind, placing them on the counter.

He blew out a heavy sigh of frustration. “Great…”

Solomon went back upstairs and slid off his old shirt, while in the clothes basket, he found a white shirt with a tribal design that spanned from the upper chest to the shoulder.

Sliding it on, it hugged his body. He had it for a long time, but people were always amazed how white it was. The reality was he did not wear it as much.

Solomon went for his wallet and noticed he got a notification on his phone. He took up the wallet, unlocked the screen of his phone then Solomon called his mother to tell her he was coming over, and got only voicemail.

Solomon groaned in annoyance then switched to the Apple of My Eye App. It was a dating app that Solomon used for a year now, but he hadn’t any luck.

He found many Jamaican girls on there. He would say hello, but none have responded and naturally, Solomon knew why. 

Solomon was ugly. Well, not ugly in like unbearably ugly, but he did not have that face that made a girl throw off her panties in an immediate swoon of passion. 

He twisted his lips in frustration as he slowed to a stop in the living room. He wished they did though. It did not help that he was not rich or sucked at talking to women. 

Solomon clicked the notification and saw the recommendation. Like all the other recommendations, it gave him little joy.  

Solomon checked the message box, no new messages. He blinked. A moment of melancholy traversed through him, but he quickly shook it off and decided to check the recommendations at least. Maybe he would find the girl that would finally talk to him there.