Amber's Full Stop

Amber pulled on Valletta causing her to fall. They toppled the lamp and it fell hard into Solomon's head. 

“Argh!” Solomon screamed out.

Valletta and Amber stared up at Solomon rubbing his head. He was wearing a tight hugging white shirt, an elaborate design veering from one side of it. Amber's heart raised in elation at his larger-than-life stance once his head straightened.

“What are you two doing?” Solomon's mouth laid agape. He stared at them with a sense of curiosity and a tilt of his head. 

Valletta hung onto the broom that touched a collapsed table, while Amber held her from the waist.  Amber frowned, for she knew this sight looked ridiculous. 

Valletta pointed. “Him, give me that cat!”

Solomon turned his head to Cyribus poached on his shoulders. Cyribus snarled and made sniping paw gestures towards Valletta. Amber sighed and got between them. Valletta shifted back on unsteady legs. 

Solomon's eyes widened. “What happen to your face?” He noticed the slash that Cyribus caused. There were thin serrations across her cheek that left a smear of blood. 

“That devil cut me!” Valletta said.

Her cat was no devil! She was an angel.

Solomon looked back at Cyribus. Amber moved and swiftly grabbed Cyribus off Solomon's shoulder.  Cyribus nestled between her arms. Amber said, “Calm down.”

“Calm down? Ca-” Valletta turned in an angry flurry. “Amber, nuh get me out today. Me can't go out like this!” 

“Go out where?” Solomon asked. 

Amber sighed and said, “She was planning to go par with this youth.”

Solomon shrugged. “Just go out, Me sure he won't judge you. You still look pretty behind the sc—” He stopped when Valletta stared at him like she wanted to murder him.

Valletta replied, “Are you stupid? I have a long gash on my face! How is this pretty!?”

Solomon backed away. Amber said, “I think Solomon is saying the man should not mind. He probably still wants to see you and have fun. You do not need a face to have fun at the mountain park.”

Valletta rolled her eyes. “Right, sure, and then his younger nephews laugh at my jacked-up face.”

“Look, I'll get my makeup kit.”

“Girl, you suck at makeup, know what, forget it. Me not going anywhere. Next time me going out, me avoiding this house.”

Amber frowned.

Valletta turned with a strut and said, “Your tiger have the hots for everyone except Solomon and you. All of onnu were made for each other.”

Amber's heart skipped a beat. A flush of heat consumed her face. She dared not to look behind her.

Valletta touched the wound and winced at the sting. “Now what me ago do?”

Amber swiftly walked off to avoid her. She had no answer for that.

Solomon followed Amber and they went into the kitchen. Amber laid Cyribus on the center table. Solomon asked, “Curimal, likes to attack people...should I be scared around this cat?”

Amber snorted with the opening of the fridge. “What did you just call him?”

“Curimal?” He came closer.

It was a simple name. How could he forget it? Amber's nose wiggled. Also, something strong radiated off him. It was a nice, but strong tangy scent that fed her desire to swallow him whole. He sprayed too much cologne on himself, for she could not shake the scent out of her mind.