Nobody Knows

Betty's pov

"Youre awake" a deep voice said from the shadows of the room.

The voice made me jump in fright, groaning from the excruciating pain shooting through my stomach.

The voice chuckles a little and walks out into the light.

"Be careful there, don't want to reopen your stitches now do we?"

"Who are you?" I say backing up in my bed.

"Oh right, sorry I'm fangs, and I can tell you we are going to be best friends" he walks fully into the light showing a giddy smile.

"Oh hi"" are you friends with Jughead"?

"Yeah I'm part of the 'gang' you could call it,  we're close friends"

"Okay, who are these close friends?"

"The gang is me; obviously, Jughead, SweetPea, Toni and Cheryl"

Huh? He could obviously see my confused look as he continued speaking.

"Jughead is obviously the king, he is single-" he gets cut off by me Interrupting him.

"I don't care if hes single or not" I growl out.

He raises his eyebrow but continues "-anyway, Sweetpea is his right hand man; his little side kick if you will" he smirks at his last remark as I lightly giggle and his childness.

"Sweetpea is also single, Toni is the third in command, she is in charge of our fighters, is head fighter and she trains the younger fighters, her girlfriend is Cheryl, cheryl teaches archery to our younger fighters and helps to train them. And me, the best of the best, the sharpest tool in the box, the cherry on top, I'm the strategist. Oh and I'm gay."  He laughs at himself as I join in.

"You got a boyfriend?" I ask smirking knowing he would be perfect for Kevin.

"Nope I'm a single pringle ready to mingle" I giggle at him as I smirk.

"What you smirking at"! He smiles.

"Nothing" I laugh as I look up at the ceiling looking innocent.

"Spill it sister" he sits in the chair next to my bed, placing his elbows on the edge of my mattress and putting his chin on top of his fists, giving me the puppy face.

I laugh at him and say "are all you mafia people as cuddly as bears inside the badass exterior or??"

He laughs before looking almost serious and business ready.

"Dont go all serious on me, I finally have someone to talk to that ain't scowling every two seconds"

I laugh as I see the corners of his mouth twitch up as he tries to hold in the laugh. He fails miserably as he burst out in a fit of laughter.

"If you told Jughead he was truly a soft cuddly bear, I'm pretty sure he'd shoot ya on the spot"

"Would he"? I dont show any fear, because I dont have any, for some reason being in a deadly mafia base doenst make me feel queasy, it makes me feel protected and I can tell me and fangs are going to get along great.

"Probably not considering he did try and save you""I'd say he has a wittle cwush" he says in a baby voice whilst wriggling his eyebrows up and down.

I'm pretty sure I started blushing but i covered it up quickly with shock.

"Him like me"? "Ha never heard anything more funny"

"I'm serious"

"So am i"

We both give each other a friendly glare until we both start laughing hysterically.

"Anyways, fangs why were you in my room"? I ask with a confused face.

"Boss wanted someone to keep and eye on you, but he wanted someone who wasn't gonna stare at you like a prize" he rolls his eyes as he finished speaking.

"For some reason I have a feeling Sweetpea doesn't like me" i say quietly

"Oh he doesn't like you but he doesn't hate you, he actually offered to take my shift to keep an eye on you. You've confused everybody Betty. There is something about you that makes everybody want to protect you, it's like they're acting like a pack of wolves and you're their Luna! Its crazy, you have an aura around you that screams 'im being hunted, please protect me'"

I stare at him in shock, first of all why the hell are people all of a sudden going all protective on me, and second of all who the hell could possibly be trying to hunt me down, I have nothing!

"Betty, you got a note dropped off last night, I don't know how they now you're in the mafias hospital but here it is" he handed me a neatly enveloped letter, insisting I open it.

I open up the seal and pull out the piece of paper, the writing is I red, I widen my eyes at the looks of it causing fangs to lean over my shoulder looking at the note.

"Blood" he whispers

His eyes also widen before he grabs his phone calling someone, probably Jughead telling him to hurry up and get to my hospital room.

I continue reading the letter, focusing on the all too familiar cursive writing.

Hes back.

Just as he promised.