Chapter One

"Hey, can I buy you a drink?" 

Ah, the question I had heard countless times before. It's kind of like a game. First, I scanned his fingers.

"If you're gonna to try to cheat on your wife, atleast take your ring off, idiot," I half-yell over the loud music. To my surprise, he actually took his ring off and walked away, taking my "advice". I sighed. It was a shame. I loved the atmosphere of bars and clubs. The loud music and drinks gave me a good, alive feeling, but honestly some of these people sicken me.

I sat down at the bar in my usual spot.

"What can I get you?" the bartender kindly asked.

"Usual," I smiled.

"Got ya'," he said with an understanding smile.

I looked around. There were so many groups of people huddled around. I rarely came with friends. I usually met people there or just enjoyed the night alone, like tonight. I sipped my new drink little by little, trying to make it last longer. A few guys took the seat next to me occasionally, trying to get me to play around with them and I rejected them one by one. 

"How come I came out here just to not talk to people?" I thought to myself. I found myself laughing, feeling the drinks starting to kick into my system. 

Half an hour later, I came to find five empty glasses in front of me. I needed to get home, but I didn't want to go. Home was too quiet. Home was too lonely. I liked that there were people there, even though I didn't talk to anyone this particular night. It didn't matter though, I needed to get home before I got into any trouble.

While searching for my credit card, I saw a guy approaching me out of the corner of my eye.

"I'm not interested," I stated without even looking at the person behind me.

"Jessica?" a slightly-familiar-sounding voice asked.

I turned myself around to see whoever this was that somehow knew my name. A guy with brown hair and a little bit of a stubble just looked at me, maybe waiting for me to recognize him. My vision was still blurred a little because of the drinks, and my memory, too.

"Umm..." I said, embarrassed.

"It's Tyler?!" he said, sounding confused, yet excited.

"Tyler Joseph!" I said loudly. "You're here!"

"Yeah I'm here..." he muttered. "Hold on a minute," he said before he disappeared back into the crowd. He brought back a blue-haired guy.

"Josh!" I said, getting up and hugging him. I automatically recognized him, with him being a lot less normal-looking with his hair, of course. He seemed startled because he didn't really hug me back.

"Jessica!" Josh said, weirdly. They didn't seem that excited to see me.

"Are all of those yours?" Tyler asked, pointing to empty glasses.

"Yep! You want some?" I laughed. 

"Um no... who are you going home with?" Tyler spoke loudly.

"Just me!"

"Um no, you're not driving home," Josh said with a sharp tone.

"I'm takin' a taxi, silly!" I was starting to feel loopy.

I saw Tyler whisper to Josh. They looked like they were negotiating something. I shrugged and paid for my order before attempting to get my drunken self up and out of the high chair. Why did they make those chairs so high? It's like they wanted me to fall.

I grabbed ahold of things to try to walk myself out. "Wait," Tyler said, grabbing my arm.

"Yesss sir?" I slurred like a snake and started to feel giggles coming on.

"Come back to my house for the night," he hounded.

"Wha-?" I laughed. "Tyler you're cute, but we're just friends!"

"No, no!" he started to laugh himself. "Not like that. It's just that you're drunk beyond belief and I don't trust you trying to go home by yourself."

"Tyler Joseph, I can handle things myself."

"Please," he begged.

"Uh... okay," I gave in and followed with a long hug.

"Okay now," he said, gently pushing me off. "Let's go."

________

welcome to my first tøp fanfic have fun

-katie