No Exit

Now Lexy understood why people enjoyed playing chess. To her, it had always been a sad excuse for an extracurricular at school. But now she understood it.

Being in control was an amazing thing.

She finally knew why her life had never felt complete before. Like all the pieces were there but she was constantly organizing them in the wrong order.

But since G&G came into her life, she was finally able to see straight, and she finally knew what to do in order to feel complete. And strong. And powerful.

Being in control was an amazing thing, and she was never letting it go again.

Hiram Lodge had put the entire town of Riverdale on lockdown. He claimed it was because of all the seizures, but people suspected otherwise.

Since the lockdown began, crime rate had risen in the town immensely.

Rich homes on the Northside were robbed. There was a break-in in the Sheriff's station and files were stolen. Windows were smashed at the Mayor's office. Weird symbols had been spray painted on the sides of important town landmarks. The list could go on for weeks.

People assumed it was just teenagers growing tired of being locked away. But in reality, it was Lexy Andrews, out on the streets every night. Without a tinge of fear or guilt. She had never felt more alive.

Lexy hoisted herself over the edge of the Pembrooke balcony. Hiram and Hermione were away and Veronica was working late at the speakeasy. A robbery had never felt so easy.

She took a packet of fizzle rocks out of her pocket and tipped some onto her tongue, making her eyes water slightly and her nose tickle.

At this point, fizzle rocks were practically her diet.

She walked to the door but was caught off guard when she saw that it was already open. Meaning somebody was home. Veronica?

Lexy slipped through the door and hid behind a large bookshelf. She peeked her head out to get a glimpse of who she was dealing with.

"What are you guys doing here?"

In the middle of the dimly lit dining room, stood Cheryl and Toni, wearing tight black clothing and weird cat masks. The two glanced at each other, neither of them knowing whether to answer the question or not. Toni suddenly removed her mask and knitted her brows together and turned to Lexy.

"Wait, what are you doing here?" She deflected the question off of herself.

Lexy didn't even try to come up with an excuse. As soon as she caught sight of something glimmering in Toni's bag, that was all she was focused on.

She launched herself forward and jerked the glamourgé egg out of the bag. Toni was quick to pull at Lexy's arm to trying win the lavish decoration back. Lexy spun her body in the other direction ripping away from Toni's hold.

"I'm here to get this." She let out a weird, dreamy laugh as she stroked the incrusted diamonds.

Toni had never heard that laugh before. It sounded slightly unhinged. Like there was no real happiness behind it. It was like it was artificial.

"May I ask why you need a glamourgé egg?" Cheryl demanded.

"I want to add it to my collection. I happen to be a glamourgé egg junkie." She began tossing the egg from hand to hand. "What do you guys want it for?"

"These eggs are apparently worth quite a lot of money. It's always nice to have an extra hunk of cash lying around." Cheryl said.

She tried to catch it in mid air, but Lexy held it behind her back, out of Cheryl's reach. She gave her look as if to say "nice try".