Fire Walk With Me; Part 2

Sweetpea had searched the entire Southside for Lexy but came out with nothing. Not even a trace of the drug ridden girl. He was now making his way to the west side of town, which was mostly made up of industrial estates. It was still worth a shot.

His head was always clearer on a motorcycle.

He needed to think logically. What would Lexy perceive as the path to hell in Riverdale? It had to be somewhere dangerous considering the card said that one misstep would lead to her doom.

Then it hit him like a ton of bricks when he came to a sign saying that Bartley Bridge was up ahead. A bridge. Of course! He sped up as the bridge started to come into view. And as he got closer, the silhouette of Lexy Andrews started to become clear.

She was balancing on the ledge of the bridge, which was about thirty metres above the river running beneath it.

He parked his bike and took out his phone, quickly sending a text to Reggie letting him know Lexy's whereabouts. He then ran onto the bridge being careful not to scare the girl in case she ended up losing her balance.

"Lexy..." He said softly once he was beside her.

She sighed but laughed all the same. "Should've known the cavalry would arrive soon enough. Didn't expect it to be you though, I thought you hated me."

"I don't hate you, Lexy."

"Too bad." She then pointed ahead of her in a whimsical fashion. "Over that tree line is a dump. Every month, the stuff there gets burnt in this huge bonfire. An inferno. Inferno loosely translates to hell. So this bridge leads to hell. And if I have one misstep I will literally be plunging to my doom."

She looked down at the strong, freezing water beneath her. Sweetpea stared at her in astonishment at her lack of fear. She gave him an amused look and then kicked out one of her legs pretending to fall. Sweetpea jumped slightly but instantly sighed in relief as she giggled and continued slowly walking forward.

"You figured all of that out while you were high?"

She put on a mock offended look for a second before grinning from ear to ear. "I had little bit of help."

"I don't care, Lexy this game is messing with your head."

"My head has never felt more clear and free."

"You know that's bull. Or maybe you don't because you're brainwashed but some part of you has to remember Ben and Dilton and Ethel and how this game ruined all of their lives."

"Because they weren't in control. I am. I respond to no one but myself because I am untouchable. Nothing can hurt me. I can stop whenever I want to."

"So stop!"

She looked at him pitifully. "Oh Sweetpea, you really believe that I want to?"

"What you're doing is not normal. It's not normal to look at that river down there and not feel the slightest bit of worry."

"That's just because you're soft!" She exclaimed, eerily happily. "And I'm not. I am one of the best players this town has ever seen. And I love that."