The Noose Tightens

All anyone was talking about were the elcetions. Not just the mayoral election, which was being dominated by Fred Andrews running against Hermione Lodge, but also the Riverdale High elections for student body president. Archie and Veronica, Reggie and Josie, Jughead and Betty. Those were the options the students of Riverdale had.

Lexy sure as hell was not going to be voting for Archie and Veronica, and she knew that if Reggie Mantle was president of their school she would never hear the end of it. So her only real choice was Jughead and Betty. She assumed that the rest of the Serpents would be the same but apparently not.

"Whoever's elected student body president gets a seat on the school board. That means we're on the inside. That means that they can't silence us." Jughead told all of the Serpents who were gathered in the usually vacant classroom.

"You and the Northside princess, you mean?" Fangs asked.

Everyone in the room turned to look at Betty, giving her dirty looks. Lexy looked down at her from the desk she was standing on and she could tell how intimidated she was.

"Wait, is that why you guys are pissed? Betty's on our side!" Jughead insisted.

"Yeah. I've helped the Serpents on numerous occasions. I helped find Picken's head, I got Cheryl to testify in court so Fp, your king, could get early parole. And you guys love Lexy, who is also a Northsider." Betty defended herself.

"You did all that stuff for your boyfriend, not the Serpents. And Lexy has proven that she is one of us, and she deserves to be here. We can't say the same for you." Sweetpea shot at Betty.

Sweetpea went on to state that Betty is also the daughter of Alice Cooper, the number one enemy of the Serpents, which is why they can't trust Betty and which is why the Serpents would not be voting for Jughead and Betty.

Toni caught up with Lexy after leaving the Serpent meeting.

"Sweetpea considers me one of you guys?" Lexy asked her.

"Of course. We all do. You always help us and never ask for anything in return even though you were raised to think that we are the scum of the planet. You're our friend." Toni said.

"It's nice to feel like I'm a part of something. You guys are like a family."

Toni suddenly stopped and Lexy turned to face her.

"What?" She asked.

"We all already think that you're one of us, right?" Toni asked.

"Right..."

"Well... why don't we make that official?"

Lexy's eyes widened at what Toni was suggesting but a smile quickly grew on her face. It really was only a matter of time before this happened.

"Absolutely."

"But first, I need your help with something."

***

Toni, Lexy and Josie went to Thistle House to try get answers out of Penelope Blossom. She had told Toni that she shipped Cheryl off to a boarding school in Switzerland but neither Toni or Lexy believed that. Peneople ended up revealing that Cheryl was obsessed with Josie and she was afraid she might hurt her, which is why she was sent away. That's when Josie ditched the rescue mission for Cheryl.

Lexy spent the evening at Toni's trailer, trying to think of where Cheryl could be. When they came up with no ideas, Lexy left and said she would see her in school. On her way home however, she took a slight detour to the Jones' trailer. She knocked violently on their door until someone answered.