Big Fun

Being head costume designer for the school's production of Heather's was good for Lexy. For a couple of hours every day, she could just throw herself into something that she really enjoyed and had a passion for.

Right now, there wasn't much else in Lexy's life that she could do just for fun. Every day since leaving the hospital had been the same.

Sleep, take medications, talk to new therapist, take Vegas for a walk, watch movies with Archie, repeat.

She didn't have a problem with it. She liked having order in her life again. But she did miss the way she used to be.

Not the repressed version of her or the druggie version of her, but the version of her that wasn't put on the ventilator. The version of her that didn't play G&G and commit unforgivable crimes. The version of her that didn't almost die more times than anyone knew. The version of her that didn't have PTSD and had to avoid doing certain things that might make her spiral.

"I changed my mind, I don't want to do this."

"Lex, you are the one who was determined to be back in school for the musical. You can't just back out now." Archie quickly blocked her from taking another step away from the school.

"Well I can't walk in there with this thing!" She gestured to the plastic feeding tube on her face. "It makes me look like a sick girl."

"Nobody thinks you're a sick girl."

"You're right. I'm also a drug addict and a G&G freak and a criminal."

Archie immediately shushed her and pulled her to the side of the front steps, hoping nobody had been listening.

"Sorry!" Lexy whispered iritably.

"No one knows you did all of those things. And they've sort of died down by now so do not draw attention back to them."

"Sorry, my head just... it's still fuzzy. I forget what's a secret and what's not." Immediately after saying it, Lexy felt guilty for using what she had been through as an excuse. But according Ms. Tomkins, her new therapist, that wasn't a healthy mindset to be in. It was going to be hard for Lexy to deconstruct it after building it up for years but at this point, her soul focus was on getting better. Especially for the people she loved. The people she scared by putting herself in that situation in the first place.

Archie shook her out of her thoughts by placing his hands on her shoulders. "Just take things slow. You don't have to be in any rush to fix yourself up."

"Easier said then done, Arch." She sighed. "But can you do me one favour?"

Archie raised his brows.

"Can you act like my brother, not my security guard?"

She looked at her brother's fighting stance with a tender smile. Archie shook out his muscles. He wasn't sure who was more nervous, him or his sister. But nevertheless, he opened the oak doors and the pair entered the busy school hallway.

Not busy enough to make the Andrews siblings not stick out like sore thumbs however.

There was a time when everyone in the school assumed that Lexy was as good as dead. Technically they were wrong, but looking at the bony, pale, timid girl with a tube going from behind her ear into her nose, it seemed to everyone that maybe the Lexy Andrews they had known before the accident had in fact disappeared.

She made it a point not to make direct eye contact with anyone, something Lexy never used to do. Her style which used to be polished yet simultaneously daring was now replaced by muted tones on a loosely fitted shirt and jeans. Her previously full hair was pulled into a low ponytail making it look somewhat thinner.