As Above, So Below; Part 3

Lexy walked through the front doors of Riverdale High with Cheryl and Toni following on either side. Like she expected, people from all directions stared at the girl who had just disappeared for weeks. She blew a loose strand of hair out her face and grinned.

"I'm gonna take all this staring as a compliment," she said, still looking ahead of her, "it means they missed me."

The girls walked down the hallway, ignoring but also embracing the stares. Most people were still confused about Lexy's sudden appearance at the opening of La Bonne Nuit. Her goal today was to show them that it wasn't a one time thing. She was back now. And it was going to take a lot more than her brother/best friend getting dragged to a prison where they beat him in riots to knock her down.

Cheryl and Toni had plenty of questions themselves for Lexy, but whenever they so much as mentioned anything about the past few weeks, she would distract them or find an excuse to leave.

Cheryl knew from experience, this wouldn't be over until Lexy confronted it head on.

Not her strong suit.

Just as the main stairway came into the girls' view, Lexy's eyes widened and she was quick to grab her friends' wrists and force them into the student lounge, which was luckily right next to them.

Cheryl and Toni regained their balance and turned to face Lexy with confused faces. Cheryl's however quickly turned from a confused look to a mischievous one as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Who are you avoiding? I know when someone's avoiding someone else. Usually I'm said someone else." She grinned and Toni chuckled at her very true comment.

"I'm not avoiding anyone." Lexy said, casually twirling her hair.

Cheryl rolled her eyes and decided to take matters into her own hands. She went to the doorway of the lounge and peaked into the hallway, trying to notice anyone who Lexy might have a reason to be hiding from. When she didn't she looked at Lexy with an arched brow.

"The only person you know out here is Sweetpea-" she cut herself off with a large gasp causing Lexy to sigh and yank her back into the room. "Ms. Andrews may I ask why you are a avoiding your own boyfriend?"

"No, you may not ask, now let's take the side stairway." She brushed through them but they pulled her back by each wrist.

"Why are you avoiding Sweetpea? You'd think you'd want to be spending the most time with him since you've been gone the last few weeks-"

"I'm avoiding him because of the stuff that went down on Friday night at the speakeasy's opening." Lexy cut off Toni.

The couple eyed each other curiously before looking back to Lexy for more details.

"He beat up like five guys in the back room of the place according to Reggie. He thought they were all coming on to me. I was lucky when I walked in on him and Reggie almost killing this one guy. I forced them to bring him to the hospital and haven't spoken to either one since."

"Why?" Toni asked.

"Because I'm mad. They were stupid! And dangerous! And yeah, maybe one of them spiked my drink but I could've taken it." She let out a sigh. "I've seen them both riled up but never like that!"

"Yeah, crazy Sweetpea can be a bit scary." Toni said.

"Besides, I wouldn't know what to say. Actually I probably wouldn't say anything, I'd slap them before I could even get one word out."

"You do know that you're gonna have to talk to them eventually, Lex?"

"I know," she glanced out the doorway but quickly hid behind the wall as Sweetpea walked by the lounge, "but not today."