Chapter 5

She blushed even harder. "You...love me?"

I leaned in to her, pushing her against the wall. "Yes." I said, kissing her softly.

~~~~~~~

We stood there for a while in the same position, but I broke it off, picking her up and carrying her to our room. 

I opened the door and laid her down on her bed. I decided I should wait until after she knew that I was a wolf until I marked her, but the closer we got together, the harder it became to stay away.

~~~~~~~

(Reyanna's POV)

No matter how may wrong things I did, apparently they didn't cancel out to make a right.

I was asleep within minutes of him laying me down, but not before I saw him give me a pained expression and walk into the kitchen.

He said he loved me, but he knew that it was somewhat wrong.

~~~~~~~~

(Jake's POV)

I walked out of the kitchen after I was sure she was asleep.

Walking back downstairs, I gave her one last sad look before heading out.

My father, the scientist. My mother, way better than any other person I ever knew.

It was going to be a long night tonight.

The stars were out as I raced across the land, heading towards the secret meeting place.

There was a secret at this school, and only the adults knew.

I moved a rock and headed inside the underground cave.

I could have just gone in through the normal entrance, through the headmaster's office, but I didn't want to talk to him tonight.

At all.

He's just going through with another murder, trying to find a way to increase our population.

But this isn't increasing a population.

This is straight out murder.

And he continues, trying to make more of our kind.

But if he's successful, they won't even be our kind. 

They'll be something else.

Something different.

Something... not human and not wolf.

If you hadn't noticed by now, the Headmaster is my father, and right now I'm a wolf.

I trotted into the large cave-like room, seeing as I came in that the "test subject" was already here.

The boy screamed, seeing such a large wolf.

Instead of changing, since it would have been bad for the kid to see, I sat on my haunches, watching.

"P, p, p, p, please! Don't hurt me!" He yelled.

The Headmaster, hidden by a cloak like the other teachers, said nothing as he picked up an injection and put his hand over the boy's mouth.

I looked away when my dad injected the boy. 

When I looked back, I saw that the boy was changing. 

Standing up, I got ready to see if it was friend or foe.

It wasn't a wolf.

Looking at my dad, I gave him a look like "I told you so," and cut off the beast's head before it could hurt anyone.

Then, without a word, I walked out of the room. 

Instead of going back to my room, I went to the lake. Cleaning off my claws, I lay down on the grass, enjoying the moonlight.

Without warning, something came out of the woods.

I stood growling.

And then I realized I recognized the smell.

Reyanna screamed, her eyes shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~

End.