Chapter 10

A/N- This is just a short sweet chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't wolves have mates?" I suddenly thought, stepping back.

He wasn't loving me for real, I thought. He was just pleasuring himself with me.

"Reyanna." He whispered.

Then I realized.

"You are my mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How?" I asked.

"Well, you aren't until I mark you, but theoretically, you're the person."

I was overwhelmed with this. My mate. The man I loved.

No wonder I felt such attraction to him. The feeling of intense heat where he touches me.

The sense of something else inside of me.

"Mark me, then." I whispered, stepping close. 

He looked as if he had won the lottery and bent down to kiss me.

He kissed me all over, and went down to my neck.

I felt his teeth against my skin.

He slowly bit, but it didn't hurt.

I reveled in the feeling of closeness to him. I felt slight pressure in my downtown but it wasn't him.

Well, it probably was because he was naked, but I could tell it wasn't really because of the lustful thoughts I was thinking. 

He slowly lifted up and kissed me.

We probably would have stayed like that the whole night, if it hadn't been for the monstrous beast that interrupted us.

~~~~~~~~

(Jake's POV)

Dammit.

I was so preoccupied with going after her that I didn't notice the beast that was my job to kill.

I actually had thought that my dad and the teachers would take care of it, but it hadn't occurred to me that they would leave it for me and run.

Reyanna whimpered, hiding behind me.

"Don't worry." I said, a little surprised that my voice sounded a little husky. "I'll protect you from anything."

She nodded, and I changed, charging at the monster as it came towards us.

~~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 10.