Chapter 9

"No. I could only be mad at you if you decided to leave me." I gave a solemn smile at the sad thought.

"I would never." He said.

The class was out of sight and earshot.

Taking me in his arms, he kissed me passionately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After class, Jake walked me up to my room, under the pretense of being mad at me.

After we got there, I turned on him and kissed him.

Melissa would wonder where I was at dinner, but she must have noticed now that I never go to dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Jake's POV)

I took her in my arms spinning around the room.

Her bell-like laugh filled the air.

I knew that they were going to test another student tonight, but I had time. As long as they didn't take her, I was fine.

Kissing her, I felt the intense heat build up inside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Reyanna's POV)

I pulled off my t-shirt and jeans.

I didn't want to do it this early in any relationship, I was just teasing him.

I felt his heartbeat quicken as I stepped towards him, teasing him.

I was in a lustful pair of bra and underwear.

They were practically see through with a little patch of cloth in the right places under the lace.

He instantly took me in his arms, kissing me with a heavy heat.

I could feel his package against me as he held me impossibly close.

My hands were entwined in his hair.

His tongue searched my mouth, tasting me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Jake's POV)

I knew she was just teasing; that she probably wasn't planning on sex yet.

And I was grateful for that. I didn't want to feel my father's wrath before I had a chance with my mate.

If I stuck to his rules, he would stick to my bargain.

Her sweet strawberry scent reached my nose.

I welcomed it, doing everything in my power to not get overwhelmed.

I picked her up, her legs getting hooked to my back, her opening just at the zipper of my jeans.

I groaned in pleasure.

She kissed me even harder, a deep pulsing began as she rubbed against me.

Playfully dropping her on my bed, taking off my shirt, and laying down next to her, I took her into my arms.

~~~~~~~~~

She fell asleep fast after that. She lay her head on my chest and just lay there. Hearing my heart beat.

Carefully moving her aside, I stood up and walked out, giving her one last glance.

~~~~~~~~~

(Reyanna's POV)

I woke to the movement under me. I had fallen asleep totally on top of him.

I tried to be quiet as a mouse, wondering what he was doing. I kept my heartbeat and breathing steady.

As soon as he closed the door, I was up. Grabbing shoes and a summer dress, I quickly got dressed and quietly followed him outside.

He was walking into the woods. I frowned, following as silently as possible.

I didn't remember much after that. There was a cave. He did something I would have never guessed. He hunched over and changed, falling on all fours as if he were a cat falling from a tree.

He grunted and strode inside the cave.

Unbelieving, I followed, hoping I was dreaming.

Inside the cave, there was a little tunnel that led off the main outcropping. I went down that way, hearing voices.

People were chanting, a girl was screaming bloody murder.

Through the tunnel, I found a ledge that kept me hidden, and over saw the whole thing from above.

The girl was Melissa's best friend, the one who was walking with her when we were hiking.

The chanting was coming from the hooded figures around her.

The wolf stood on the sidelines. His expression solemn.

The girl screamed again when she saw the huge beast.

One of the hooded figures took out what looked like a painful needle injection.

I frowned. What the hell were they doing?

The figure injected her. And she started changing.

She became the monster that a child would see under his bed, the bad guy in the spider man movies who became something horrible.

It looked like a wolf and human, but twisted and horrible.

I gasped in horror. Everyone turned towards the noise, but I was already running.

I could hear voices and pounding of feet. The wolf was following me. I had run the opposite way I had come from, following the tunnel to the lake where I was the other night.

I turned, having no where left to run. The wolf who was following me slowed, just past the tree line.

I shied away. 

The beast looked confused for a moment.

"What did you do to her?" I screamed at it.

It looked down, ashamed.

"I know what you are! Who you are!" I threatened, as it took as step closer.

It stopped, looking shocked.

"Jake." I whispered, my voice full of pain.

He looked like he was being tortured.

And suddenly, my Jake was back.

Standing in his full glory where the wolf had been.

I ran to him, kissing him.

"What's going on here, Jake?" I pleaded.

He looked exasperated.

"My dad happened." I looked confused and he continued. "He's trying to see if his experiment will work by testing it on the students here."

"Why? What is he trying to do?" 

"Make more of us." He said, referring to his other form.

"Don't wolves have mates?" I suddenly thought, stepping back.

He wasn't loving me for real, I thought. He was just pleasuring himself with me.

"Reyanna." He whispered.

Then I realized.

"You are my mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 9.