Journey to the mountains

Merlin and the others woke up early, packed everything they needed and left. They jumped in the water and swam to the other side of the waterfall, then they climbed back on the surface and mounted their horses. Soon they dissapeared into the woods.

"Let's talk about something. I don't want to be silent anymore, it's boring." Gwaine said.

"Then, what do you want to do?" Percival asked.

"Tell stories, know each other more." Gwaine suggested.

"We know each other pretty well, Gwaine." Lancelot joined in.

"Yeah, we all know how a drunkard you, Greg and Merlin are." Arthur also joined in and he was surprised when Gwaine and Greg were laughing.

"Merlin? A drunkard?" Gwaine laughed.

"Yeah, he always goes to the tavern." Arthur said in defence.

"He never goes to the tavern." This made everyone laughs.

"Merlin, is that true?" Arthur looked hopeful to Merlin who shook his head.

"No, when I'm 'at the tavern' I'm actually saving your royal backside." Merlin stated and everybody looked at him.

"Give an example when you saved my life." Arthur demanded.

"Well, first of all, Mary Collins. Then we have Valiant, then the afanc... do I need to go on?"

"Wait, I killed Valiant!"

"Yeah, but it was I who made the snakes go out the shield."

"So, that's why he was so surprised."

"Alright, now tell me what you did when Gaius said that you were at the tavern?"

"Like I said, saving your royal backside." Merlin said with his usual grin while Arthur raises an eyebrow where Gaius would be proud of.

They continued in silence and didn't notice that it was already dark, they just went going until they were close to the mountains. They could hear the roars of dragons and it sensed shivers down the spines of the Camelotian knights.