◇FIFTEEN◇

The next few days went by calmly for the most part. Today was the day Rick and Shane we're going to take Randall out and let him loose, far away from all of us. They had left earlier in the day and I had spent my morning helping Carol do some chores outside and fixing up camp. I found myself getting hungry so I made my way inside the house and into the large kitchen where Maggie and Lori stood around, making up a plate of food for Beth who remained in shock.

"Hi ladies" I said softly, snatching some cucumber from the table and salting them , taking a bite. Maggie and Lori smiled and said hi back and Maggie had a slightly stressed look on her face "You doing okay?" I asked her as I munched on my cucumbers.

Lori continued chopping a chicken thigh up for Beth and Maggie sighed slightly "Did Rick say anything to you about Glenn when they got back from town?" Maggie asked us.

I shook my head, not remembering anything in particular at that moment "No not that I can remember right now" I said honestly. Lori shrugged her shoulders "Just that it got really bad was all" she said. I nodded in agreement .

"He hasn't been acting the same, says he froze, blames me and says I got inside his head" Maggie said. I rolled my eyes slightly and shook my head "Don't let him blame you, he just cares about you, and I don't think Glenn's really cared for anyone like that before" I said.

Lori smiled a little "We could say the same about you and Daryl" she said with a knowing smile. She turned her attention back to Maggie and sighed softly "He came back, that's what matters. Men have to do certain things, you know that. They're either going to blame the little woman as the reason to do them or the reason they don't. What happens out there, happens. We just got to keep it together until they get back. Glenn's a big boy, he makes his own choices, do you have anything you might need to apologize for?" Lori asked her.

"No" Maggie said softly as she shook her head.

"Then tell him to man up and pull himself together...just never say the man up part, that never goes well" Lori said with a laugh at the end. I laughed along with them and Lori picked up the plate of food and indicated she was headed upstairs to take it to Beth .

Lori walked off and Maggie and I headed outside and she perched up on the railing of the porch and I stood at the top of the steps, looking out over this beautiful place, watching as everyone bustled around, doing their own thing. "You really think Glenn cares about me like I do him?" She asked me with honesty.

I smiled and nodded my head "Of course I do. You have no idea how many times he would get all giddy and come to talk to me about you. I know he cares about you, he's just gotta learn how to say it is all" I told her with confidence.

She smiled and nodded her head, letting my words sink in. In the distance I could see Daryl walking through the pastures with some squirrels and I smiled in his direction, even though I knew damn well he couldn't see me. Maggie smiled over at me "So ... I hope it isn't to odd to ask....but how did someone like you end up with someone like Daryl?" she asked me with curiosity.

I stared at him as he crossed the pastures and just couldn't rid the smile from my face for one second "I honestly have no idea...honestly, do you believe in fate?" I asked her as I looked over at her questioningly.

She looked over to me and nodded her head a little "I mean...I guess I do" she said.

I smiled and nodded my head, looking back at the fields "I think it was fate...I mean what were the odds of us coming together....being here with you people at all when the place I called home is worlds away from here" I said to her honestly "I lived in Washington...I hadn't seen my father in a very long time...avoided him and his new family...and I came down here , the world went to shit and I was locked in a cellar for 2 months with my step sister...in the dark. Upon leaving, he was the first person I laid eyes on, and he saved me when he didn't have to. What are the odds..." I explained as Daryl came closer to us, setting the squirrels down by the camp fire.