•EIGHTEEN•

I don't know how many days it had been since the farm was overrun

But I know it was a long time now.

Weeks, maybe more, but I had lost count.

I had found my way to the highway but when I got there it was overrun with walkers.

I had no idea what direction they had gone.

East, West? I didn't have the slightest clue, and I wasn't Daryl. I had no way of tracking anyone down or finding them. Hell, I don't even know if they made it out alive, but I had faith that they did. They just had to. I had to believe that. I had to hold on to that faith or else I would lose myself completely.

Hell, I might be gone already.

I hadn't eaten anything in 4 days...and water was scarce to find. The last time I drank was yesterday and I ended up throwing it all up. It must've been polluted with something.

The cold had set in, most nights I found myself sleeping in a tree unless I was lucky enough to stumble across a shed or a shack. I kept away from houses, who knew what was inside of them. God knows I wasn't strong enough to face walkers on my own, and I had 3 bullets left and a pocket knife.

I don't know how I made it this long. Aside from the physical struggles and the cold, I was dying inside.

The one thing I loved more then anything I had lost. The one person who I knew cared about me was gone. Maybe even dead.

Ya ain't ever gunna lose me Sequoia...

His words were on repeat in my head, playing over and over.

His lips on mine...

His hands in my hair...

His hand in mine...

Those blue eyes...

And I had lost it. And it was my own fault.

Don't do anything crazy Sequoia...

But I did. I went out looking for him not knowing what the fuck I was doing. I lost him...all because of my own foolishness.

The days we're starting to blend together, and all I did was walk. I don't know what I was searching for anymore. Maybe it was my next meal, my next drink.

Or him.

The night was falling again, and I looked at the sky as I gazed at the stars, hoping that maybe he was looking at them to. The thought made me feel less alone.

My feet were numb. My eyes burned from the cold along with my skin as it dried out. My vision was like a tunnel as I licked my dry lips.

I was going to die if I didn't get water soon. Food I could live without for a little longer, but water...water was a necessity.