∆ FOUR ∆

The next morning I awoke to the sounds of everyone else waking up. It was so hot.

So ungodly hot out, and the sun was beating in through the RV window.

Daryl had slept on the floor in the walkway and Carol had the other bed, while Andrea took one of the seats along with Shane in the other.

I sat up and saw it was a good opportunity for me to change and get ready for whatever we would be doing today. Nobody else was in the RV, and I heard conversation about everyone going out and looking for the missing girl what name was Sophia.

I changed into my clothes quickly , wishing I had clothes that we're more appropriate for the damn Apocalypse. This shirt was to revealing, it must've been one of Summer's that I accidentally packed

I slipped my combat boots on and left my hair down as I looked around in my bag for a knife my father had sent me for my 18th birthday

Once I found it, I stuffed it in my waistband. I stood up grabbed my bar and walked outside and covered my eyes from the blinding sun. I grimaced slightly before opening my eyes and letting them adjust slowly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as Lori steadied me slightly "You should be careful...maybe find some shade" she said gently.

I smiled softly at her and kept my hand over my eyes as we both walked over to the group huddled around weapons laid out before us.

"Each of you takes a weapon" Shane said, eyes raking over me. I didn't exactly mind. It felt good to know I was cute in the end of times. But my eyes searched for him.

My savior.

We locked eyes on each other as he stood next to a nearby car, leaning against it.

He didn't look away first, and so it forced me to.

Everyone looked at the bat in my hand "Looks like you came prepared" Rick said to me.

I nodded my head and moved my hand from my eyes, grimacing again as they adapted to the light.

"These aren't the weapons we need, we need our guns" Andrea complained.

Shane sighed in annoyance "Haven't we been over this? Daryl, Rick and I are carrying. We don't need y'all popping off rounds every time a tree rustles" he said.

Andrea glared " It's not the trees I'm worried about" she stated, trying to make her point.

"Think about this. What is someone fires their gun at the wrong moment, and a herd happens to be passing by. Then it's game over for all of us. So you need to get over it" Shane said sternly.

Daryl took a step forward "So the plan is to take the creek up about 5 miles and then cross over to the other side, chances are, she'll be there" He said, crossbow over his shoulder which he held in place.