∆ SEVEN ∆

The trip back to the house was easy. No issues. No walkers. And Daryl and I talked the whole time.

Not about one thing in particular. But a lot of things.

Once we got back I walked into camp, finding a good spot to pitch a tent. I set my bag down in my spot and I walked up to the RV and shielded my eyes from the sun "Hey Dale, do we have a spare tent I can use?" I asked him.

Dale furrowed his eyebrows before saying any thing and he got up and came down. He walked to the side of the RV and popped open a hatch that revealed a bunch of supplies. He dug around inside for a few minutes before coming out with a frown "I don't.....I'm sorry, I was sure there was more" he exclaimed, puzzled.

I shrugged my shoulders "It's okay....I can sleep in one of the cars or something" I said, looking at the car Shane drove most often. It would probably provide the best comfort.

Daryl walked out of the RV and looked over "You can sleep in my tent...I can move my shit later" he said, fiddling with an arrow.

"That's your rent Daryl, I don't want to intrude of make you sleep else-"

"Shut it....your sleeping in it" he said, walking off  towards the house.

I watched him go and sighed softly, seeing the look I was receiving from Dale.

"What?" I exclaimed defensively.

Dale rose an eyebrow "He has a soft spot for you" he said matter of factly.

I rolled my eyes slightly and felt the blush on my cheeks rise "I doubt that. He probably feels responsible for me....for saving me and bringing me into the group" I said, thinking about what I said completely. It made sense why he would be nice to me, or want to keep me close at all times.

Because that's what I was. A responsibility.

I frowned slightly and Dale patted my back "I don't think that's the case with you" he said "maybe you should try and talk to the man ...see what he has to say" he suggested.

I looked at him as if he was crazy "No way! He wouldn't talk to me about that shit anyways" I said.

Dale shrugged his shoulders "I think you'd be surprised" he said "But you do it at your own pace" he said, walking back towards the RV latter.

I watched him go and looked over to the house where Daryl had walked to. He sat on the steps, sharpening his knives one by one. He was so focused.oncthe task, it was as if the world around him didn't even exist anymore. But I knew better. He had the senses of a predator. He could sense someone walking up on him. He would notice a walker yards away.

He lifted his gaze to me and my cheeks turned crimson so I turned away and started walking off to where I set my bag down. I picked it up and walked over to Daryl's tent, which was further away from everyone else's.

The sun was starting to set in the distance, and I unzipped the window cover so I could peer through the mesh towards the sky.

It was a beautiful orange red color and I couldn't help but gaze out at the pasture and serenity this place had.

I started unpacking a few of my things, setting up my bedding by the window furthest away from Daryl's. I wanted to give him as much space as possible.

Once I had unpacked, I started going through my clothing and pulled some things out to change into.

I grabbed my clothes and started to take off my dirty day ones.