∆ Eight ∆

(Her outfit)

By the time I woke up, the birds no longer chirped, but it was just the sound of life outside

By the time I woke up, the birds no longer chirped, but it was just the sound of life outside. Pots and pans clanging as I'm sure Carol was busy in the kitchen part of camp.

I slowly sat up and rubbed my head, letting my eyes adjust to the light. Every once in awhile, my head would still hurt with bright light.

I looked out the mesh window, realizing Daryl must've unzipped it for me this morning.

How thoughtful.

The view was the perfect first thing to see upon waking up.

I pushed the blankets off of myself and grabbed a new pair of clothes for the day, changing into them as quickly as possible so an event like yesterday was avoided.

I brushed out my hair and put some deoderant on and grabbed my boots, slipping them on with ease. I grabbed the pistol and slid it into my pants, making sure the safety was on before hand.

I climbed out of the tent and rubbed my eyes slightly before stretching them above my head with a yawn.

The sun was high enough that it must've been at least noon already.

I walked in under the trees where Carol did dishes and Lori hung laundry.

Not many people were around. Where could they have gone?

"Good morning, or...afternoon" I said softly as I walked over to the sizzling fire where warm coffee was still at.

I grabbed a clean cup and poured myself a glass, taking a sip, cringing slightly. I liked creamer in my coffee. And sugar.

"It's already 2 o clock" Carol said with a chuckle as she finished washing up the rest of the cups.

I sat in one of the camping chairs and looked around again to see if I could see anyone. I furrowed my brow slightly and looked over at the women "where is everything me else?" I asked as I looked at them.

"They left earlier this morning, went looking for Sophia" Lori said.

"Everyone?", I exclaimed "I should go to, what direction did Daryl go?" I asked hastily.

"You can't go out there alone, you don't have enough expierience" Lori said concerned "Besides, us woman are cooking dinner for Hershel and his family tonight, you can help us"

I sighed and shook my head" Did Daryl.....did he take anyone with him" I asked, trying not to let my feelings show. It was probably to late for that.

Lori looked at me and a small smile came over her face "No, but he's Daryl....he'll be fine" she said, walking over to me and rubbing my back comfortingly.

I nodded my head slightly and tried to relax a little. Lori was right. I shouldn't worry myself to much.

I stood up and stretched my arms above my head again, letting the relieving feeling wash over me. Hopefully it would spread an ease my mind to.